Urls has changed with smfpacks seo pro mod, redirect old urls to new?

Started by winsoft, July 18, 2018, 09:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsoft

I have recently bought SMFpacks seo pro mod and im happy with it however option to redirect old urls to new ones doesn't work. I have already submitted a ticket to the seller but no reply yet.

Does anyone know how to redirect all old urls to new ones please?

I used to use pretty urls and my url format was forum.com/boardname/topicname and now forum.com/boardname/boardID/topicname/topicID/

Thanks

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Especially seeing that you paid for it, and it doesn't do what it is supposed to, you should definitely complain.

Though historically this hasn't ended particularly well.

winsoft

I have just got respond from the developer saying that redirect works only with smf default url format. I wish that was said before i purchase it.

Arantor

So he's written a mod, that changes the URLs but it doesn't work with the URLs that it changes? Wut.

SychO

Quote from: Arantor on July 18, 2018, 09:52:30 AM
So he's written a mod, that changes the URLs but it doesn't work with the URLs that it changes? Wut.

*Doesn't work with pretty urls
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Arantor

Well, no, because it provides its own version that works differently...

confuseamuse

Thread surprisingly went left after OP included vital information for context.

Although it's advertised to work well with PrettyUrls. Might want to add a disclaimer there NIBOGO.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

The SMFPacks SEO Mod does advertise "- Custom 301 redirects right from admin panel." - so if I understood this right, you should definitely complain about the lack of the "custom" part.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

however, the point still stands -- we don't provide support for mods. that is the responsibility of the mod author - ESPECIALLY for a paid/pro mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Advertisement: