News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

No site after using the repair tool on new website.

Started by mbchartman, August 13, 2018, 04:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbchartman

I want to make a copy of the forum, so I make a copy of files and database to the new domain hxxp:test01.com [nonactive] (original hxxp:test.com [nonactive]).

After running the repair tool the database is linked and the site views the home-page. All buttons and also the login are still go to hxxp:test.com [nonactive].

What can I do to fix the issue?

I used a different server with old versions of php and mysql. When the 1.x is working I planned a upgrade to 2.x

Kindred

You didn't change the URLs.

You need to change the database AND the URLs AND the paths
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mbchartman

With the repair tool I changed the url(s). Afterthat still no working site.
In witch table in the SQL database I must change url(s) to let it work?

Shambles

Kindred

the repair tool DOES change the settings in the database.

If you were not seeing the changes, then I suggest you check with your host to see if they are running some sort of server side cache like varnish.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

or maybe the database was not copied to a new install, so it may be trying to update stuff in the old database.

Advertisement: