Community Scheduling Capability

Started by boydster, September 08, 2018, 03:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boydster

Hello, I'm looking to include a functionality in my forum that I think would leverage the Calendar feature. The use case is that I'd like other parents that are part of a neighborhood community to be able to sign up for the forum to exchange ideas, donate clothes to other families, etc, but then here's the kicker. A certain membergroup that has been hand-selected (these are all parents in my community that know each other very well already) should be able to post an event on the calendar requesting help from another parent for babysitting during a particular time slot (for example, Saturday from 7:30pm to 10pm, going to a movie, need someone to watch little Johnny and Charlotte) and other members in this membergroup should not only be able to see that request, but be able to accept that time slot and the calendar would then reflect that babysitting for that event was now covered. Further, I'd love it if everyone in this membergroup could look at their own calendar to see events that they are asking for babysitting, events where they are providing babysitting, and some sort of way to see open babysitting requests during time slots that appear to be open on their calendar.

And then, the final ideal feature. A counter for each member of this membergroup, that counts the number of hours they have babysat for other members MINUS the number of hours they have had other members babysit for them.

I'm using SMF 2.0.15 right now. I realize this is a lot to throw out there, but I'm wondering if someone else might have already implemented something similar enough that I can tweak it to my needs, or just provide me guidance.

Advertisement: