News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Voting system

Started by Marion Landry, September 14, 2018, 03:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marion Landry

Hi,
I am wondering if SMF has a voting options on post.
For example, in my forum I would like to have a section for "Submit your ideas". I wan users to be able to vote on the topic or ideas submitted on this forum and the most popular idea to always sit on top of the tread. Is there something that could allow me to do this on SMF?

Also, I am curious to see if the moderator of the forum could actually mark there post as "approved". This as to do with technical forum.
Let's say a user is posting a question, the community answers but internally the moderator can either "approve" the answer or classified it as "not approved" and provide more insights. This is to prevent the community to provide technical inaccuracy about our product.
Thanks

Looking

Yes of course, you have the option to set a poll with options. You have to enable it for each group.

I am not sure fully about the technical aspects of what you are trying to do but it is based on permissions you set for group or board as the case may be.

Deaks

Alot of this is possible but what smf version do you use?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Marion Landry

I am not using any so far, I am investigating the option before I decide if I want to use it or not to setup my user community.

GigaWatt

Incidentally, is there an option set up two different polls, not related to each other, in the same thread?
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Illori

GigaWatt

Thanks for the info ;).

Is this the mod?

https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1586

It hasn't been updates since RC4 :S.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Advertisement: