• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

SunRise

Started by SychO, September 22, 2018, 10:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SychO

Link to the theme



SunRise SMF Theme

Author: SychO
Languages: English, French, Spanish(by Rock Lee), Polish(by UltimatePremium), Russian(by Whyskas)

SunRise is a Free, Minimalist & Responsive SMF Theme, With Light & Dark Modes

NOTICE: Some Pages/Tables May not be responsive
Color Palettes:
Light Dark





Mods Supported
SimplePortal
Like Posts by vbgamer45
Tagging System For Topics by vbgamer45

ChangeLog
Version 2.0.5 [08/17/2021]
-----------------------
!Removed author footer copyright line

Version 2.0.4 [08/09/2020]
-----------------------
!Fixed performance issue

Version 2.0.3 [10/12/2019]
! Updated FontAwesome to 5.11.2
! Fixed a couple of minor bugs

Version 2.0.2 [05/29/2019]
! Fixed an error on php 5.4

Version 2.0.1 [04/24/2019]
! Fixed a bug with custom fields on topic view

Version 2.0 [04/16/2019]
+ Added options to disable some of the graphics
+ Added option to force one of the layouts on members
+ Added options to manipulate the avatars on topics and boards
- Removed google+ from social media links
! Some code cleanup
! Updated the FontAwesome library
+ Added option to switch between two logos

28/01/2019
! Fixed auto suggest list not visible

09/11/2018
! Big CSS Code Cleanup
+ Added Instant tooltip change of light/dark modes switcher

27/10/2018
+ Added Russian Translation by Whyskas

04/10/2018
+ Added Polish Translation by UltimatePremium
+ Added Credits for Translators in the theme settings page.

27/09/2018
! Fixed old text strings appearing instead of theme specified ones.

26/09/2018 #1
! Added explanatory text for brand icon types.
! Added support for brand icon types.

26/09/2018
+ Added Spanish Translation by Rock Lee
! Fixed Browser compatibility issues with topic option dropmenu (Opera & IE)

24/09/2018
! Fixed header buttons not showing with banner images, credit goes to Antechinus.
! Fixed broken guest default avatar.

QuoteCopyright (C) 2018 SychO (M.S)
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, But you may not remove the author's copyrights; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
-----------------
Fugue Icons | © 2012 Yusuke Kamiyamane | These icons are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License
Oxygen Icons | These icons are licensed under GNU LGPLv3
Footer Image Author : pixelz.cc
jQuery.marquee : @author Aamir Afridi - aamirafridi@gmail.com / http://aamirafridi.com/jquery/jquery-marquee-plugin
Tooltipster, Developed and maintained by Caleb Jacob and Louis Ameline under the MIT license
-----------------
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

vbgamer45

Awesome theme thanks for the mod support as well!
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Antechinus

Threw it on local for a look. There doesn't appear to be any user-selectable option for theme variant. As far as I can tell it's set site-wide in admin, with no other alternatives elsewhere. This seems to be a bit of a pity.

I'm also not sure why it wasn't just done with the built-in SMF variant system, which would have required far less code and would have allowed members to select the variant they prefer.

While we're on the subject, code could be trimmed in quite a few places in the CSS. Not that it will ruin anyone's day the way it is, but you could get rid of quite few declarations.

Still, it looks kinds nifty.

SychO

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 22, 2018, 11:24:51 PM
Awesome theme thanks for the mod support as well!
Thanks man :)

Quote from: Antechinus on September 23, 2018, 02:12:29 AM
Threw it on local for a look. There doesn't appear to be any user-selectable option for theme variant. As far as I can tell it's set site-wide in admin, with no other alternatives elsewhere. This seems to be a bit of a pity.

I'm also not sure why it wasn't just done with the built-in SMF variant system, which would have required far less code and would have allowed members to select the variant they prefer.

While we're on the subject, code could be trimmed in quite a few places in the CSS. Not that it will ruin anyone's day the way it is, but you could get rid of quite few declarations.

Still, it looks kinds nifty.

I actually thought about that, but in the end I just left it to the cookie, it's true that it'd take far less code, but I was aiming at the smooth change ;) I'm thinking of adding a user option in an update anyway since cookies expire, but until then members can still choose what they prefer.

yup the css definitely can be improved, I guess I was just lazy to do so.

Thanks for the feedback :)
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Antechinus

You really don't need to worry about all the prefixed declarations for transition, border-radius, etc, etc. Those haven't been necessary since before my hair started going grey, and that was years ago. :D

It's perfectly safe to use the basic W3C syntax for just about any CSS3 stuff. There may be one or two exceptions, but I can't think of any offhand. If one or two people somewhere on Earth are using an ancient version of whatever, everything will still work anyway. If a little bit of eye candy is missing they'll never notice. The 2.1 default uses basic W3C syntax. So does Elk.

So where can members choose what they prefer? I couldn't find a member-accessible variant change anywhere.

Tricky-Ricky

Whoooo its here at last. Thanks sycho for yet another amazing template

SychO

Quote from: Antechinus on September 23, 2018, 02:55:51 AM
You really don't need to worry about all the prefixed declarations for transition, border-radius, etc, etc. Those haven't been necessary since before my hair started going grey, and that was years ago. :D

It's perfectly safe to use the basic W3C syntax for just about any CSS3 stuff. There may be one or two exceptions, but I can't think of any offhand. If one or two people somewhere on Earth are using an ancient version of whatever, everything will still work anyway. If a little bit of eye candy is missing they'll never notice. The 2.1 default uses basic W3C syntax. So does Elk.

So where can members choose what they prefer? I couldn't find a member-accessible variant change anywhere.
Ive been doing that for like 3years now that it became a reflex, I'm not entirely sure it's not needed, I think I noticed some mobile browsers needed those, I'll look it up though.

There's a button with a moon icon in the header, next to the search button. Click that.
Quote from: Tricky-Ricky on September 23, 2018, 06:48:03 AM
Whoooo its here at last. Thanks sycho for yet another amazing template
Enjoy
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

milenyals

Hi, Sycho,

Finally it's here. Thank you very much for this awesome theme.

I just found a layout bug with Say Thanks mod, please see below screenshot:



SychO

Yea, don't expect mods like that to work like the default theme, that's the downside of customizing a theme a lot.

Attach Display.template.php I'll have a look at it
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

milenyals

Quote from: SychO on September 23, 2018, 11:03:19 AM
Yea, don't expect mods like that to work like the default theme, that's the downside of customizing a theme a lot.

Attach Display.template.php I'll have a look at it

thanks Sycho, see attached.

Antechinus

Quote from: SychO on September 23, 2018, 10:26:29 AMThere's a button with a moon icon in the header, next to the search button. Click that.

Aha! Found it. :D What had happened is that the test site I threw it on was running a full-width banner on default, so I just used the same banner url on SunRise. That resulted in the banner image covering your floated buttons, so no could see. If anyone else runs into the same problem, and wants to use a full-width banner, there's an easy fix.

Code (Find) Select
.topSettings {
padding: 8px 0;
}

Code (Replace) Select
.topSettings {
padding: 8px 0;
position: relative;
z-index: 9;
}

Code (Find) Select
div.forumtitle .title_onclick {
    position: relative;
    padding: 0;
    cursor: pointer;
}

Code (Replace) Select
div.forumtitle .title_onclick {
    position: relative;
    padding: 0;
    cursor: pointer;
}
.title_onclick>img {
max-width: 100%;
}


This doesn't break anything with smaller banners either. :)

SychO

oh, nice catch ! I'll be adding those fixes in an update :) thanks @Antechinus
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

SychO

Quote from: milenyals on September 23, 2018, 11:19:22 AM
Quote from: SychO on September 23, 2018, 11:03:19 AM
Yea, don't expect mods like that to work like the default theme, that's the downside of customizing a theme a lot.

Attach Display.template.php I'll have a look at it

thanks Sycho, see attached.

put this in the sunrise theme folder, see what it gives
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

milenyals

Quote from: SychO on September 23, 2018, 06:03:01 PM
Quote from: milenyals on September 23, 2018, 11:19:22 AM
Quote from: SychO on September 23, 2018, 11:03:19 AM
Yea, don't expect mods like that to work like the default theme, that's the downside of customizing a theme a lot.

Attach Display.template.php I'll have a look at it

thanks Sycho, see attached.

put this in the sunrise theme folder, see what it gives

this one before thanks:


this one after:

milenyals

I would like to report this also, this is for the newly registered user, default avatar is not showing:


lazo50

The dot selector does not work

SychO

Quote from: milenyals on September 23, 2018, 10:01:21 PM
I would like to report this also, this is for the newly registered user, default avatar is not showing:
Fixed, thanks for the report

line 241
Find echo'<li><a class="firstlevel" href="javascript:void(0)"><img src="', !empty($context['user']['avatar']) ? $context['user']['avatar']['href'] : $settings['sr_default_avatar'], '" alt="" class="avatar" /><span class="spshl">', $context['user']['name'], '   <i class="fas fa-caret-down"></i></span></a>
Replace with echo'<li><a class="firstlevel" href="javascript:void(0)">', !empty($context['user']['avatar']) ? $context['user']['avatar']['image'] : $settings['sr_default_avatar'], '<span class="spshl"><span class="toolong">', $context['user']['name'], '   </span><i class="fas fa-caret-down"></i></span></a>

As for the mod, considering I don't know how it exactly works, remove the file I previously asked you to add and upload Display.template.php, I changed its position to above the signature, that's the only fix I can figure out.

Quote from: lazo50 on September 24, 2018, 08:11:37 AM
The dot selector does not work

What browser are you using?
What type of device are you using?
Can you provide a link to your forum?


New package uploaded with both fixes mentioned above
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

milenyals

Quote from: SychO on September 24, 2018, 08:59:45 AM
Quote from: milenyals on September 23, 2018, 10:01:21 PM
I would like to report this also, this is for the newly registered user, default avatar is not showing:
Fixed, thanks for the report

line 241
Find echo'<li><a class="firstlevel" href="javascript:void(0)"><img src="', !empty($context['user']['avatar']) ? $context['user']['avatar']['href'] : $settings['sr_default_avatar'], '" alt="" class="avatar" /><span class="spshl">', $context['user']['name'], '   <i class="fas fa-caret-down"></i></span></a>
Replace with echo'<li><a class="firstlevel" href="javascript:void(0)">', !empty($context['user']['avatar']) ? $context['user']['avatar']['image'] : $settings['sr_default_avatar'], '<span class="spshl"><span class="toolong">', $context['user']['name'], '   </span><i class="fas fa-caret-down"></i></span></a>

As for the mod, considering I don't know how it exactly works, remove the file I previously asked you to add and upload Display.template.php, I changed its position to above the signature, that's the only fix I can figure out.

Quote from: lazo50 on September 24, 2018, 08:11:37 AM
The dot selector does not work

What browser are you using?
What type of device are you using?
Can you provide a link to your forum?


New package uploaded with both fixes mentioned above

1. What file should I edit on the first instruction Sycho?
2. Thanks for providing the updated display file.

SychO

Edit index.template.php
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

milenyals

Quote from: SychO on September 24, 2018, 10:40:28 AM
Edit index.template.php

Thank you very much. Worked perfectly.

Advertisement: