News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

All Alerts

Started by Bigguy, October 19, 2018, 09:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

The site I am running is not very active...well, it is I guess for only having 4 or 5 members poppin in and out once or twice a day, which is nice. My question or statement I guess is that there should be a way to clear all your old notifications in one button press. Like I said, my site is not that busy. I cleared them two days ago and I have 9 pages already. Now I have to go through each page and clear them page by page. I have had 20 pages in there of old notifications I don't need and it's a pain to clear them page by page. Is there anything that can be done about this before RC1. I am honestly the last guy that wants to hold up SMF 2.1, but this is gonna bug people real soon after installing it on a busy site.

SychO

There's a Mark Read button in the alerts pop-up, if that's what you mean by clearing them
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Bigguy

No, I mean getting rid of them permanently. I don't wanna have to go through 50 pages page by page and check all and delete and then another confirmation box in order to get rid of them so there are none there. Mark read leaves them right were they are. I don't want that. Sorry, I thought I was clear in the first post about that.

If in one day I can get 9 pages of alerts and my forum is not busy. How many pages do you think each user will have on a real busy forum. When they go to delete them from the notifications area they will have to do it page by page.

If you click on  Alerts and than go to all alerts. On my forum I see 9 pages of alerts. How do I get rid of all of them at once.? ? ? ? There has to be an easier and quicker way than page by page.

live627

kinda like the button to mark all topics?

Bigguy

Yup, sort of Just a button to "Delete all notifications" Than a confirmation box "Are you sure"...click yes and they are all gone....all 9 pages at once. Instead of go to first page, check all, go to drop down menu Removed selected, then a confirmation box Are you sure. On to the next page and do the same thing....check all, drop down, remove selected, are you sure, yes....go to next page....etc. If you have 50 pages of alerts, your not gonna want to do that for every page.

Arantor

If the alerts are read and more than, say, a week old, why not have a scheduled task to remove them? Why make people do things that machines are perfectly capable of doing for them?

SychO

Oh, so that's what you mean, I suppose it makes sense to just have an option to remove everything, additionally it might be a good idea to have a separate section for the read notifications and another one for the unread ones
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Bigguy

Any option would be better than doing 50 pages of alerts like this, lol. Glad I got the point across. It would be nice if something could be added before RC1 cause is it not feature locked after that point. ??

Bigguy

I opened an issue on GH.

Advertisement: