Different theme config, different forum?

Started by njtweb, November 09, 2018, 04:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njtweb

Can you change the colors of each of your forums and maybe have a logo or different name for each? I remember you could do that with old versions of vBulletin.

Thanks to all in advance for any info.

vbgamer45

Yup when you edit your board you cand o
"
Board Theme:
This allows you to change the look of your forum inside only this board."
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

SychO

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 09, 2018, 04:31:14 PM
Yup when you edit your board you cand o
"
Board Theme:
This allows you to change the look of your forum inside only this board."

I don't think he means different theme for each board, rather just a slightly different style with the board's title as forum title(or logo)

well you could use $context['current_board'] in the index template, check if it's not empty and then load a special CSS file ( board_{ID}.css ) if it exists & change colors for the board in question.

if(!empty($context['current_board']) && file_exists($settings['theme_dir'].'/css/board_'.$context['current_board'].'.css'))
echo '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/css/board_', $context['current_board'], '.css?fin20" />';

Same for the logo except you change from .css to .png or something else and /css/ to /images/

Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

njtweb

Thank you both.

To answer, I am currently using default theme 2.0.15 and have no interest in using a custom theme. Lets say I have 30 forums, I want to customize the color scheme of just one forum and maybe put a logo at the top instead of text like I currently have for the entire board. And if it works I might want to do the same for a few other forums.

My entire board is all hockey teams, I'd like to customize a few of the hockey team forums to set them aside, (differently from the others).

Thank you!

lurkalot

Quote from: njtweb on November 09, 2018, 08:19:19 PM
Thank you both.

To answer, I am currently using default theme 2.0.15 and have no interest in using a custom theme. Lets say I have 30 forums, I want to customize the color scheme of just one forum and maybe put a logo at the top instead of text like I currently have for the entire board. And if it works I might want to do the same for a few other forums.

My entire board is all hockey teams, I'd like to customize a few of the hockey team forums to set them aside, (differently from the others).

Thank you!

As you use TinyPortal, you could add a logo (and or) custom info above each board, in a Top, or Upper block.  You can set individual blocks to only show on a particular board.  If that's any help.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Just from the admin panel, create a copy of the default theme for each board you want to customize, then set the board to use that copytheme, and then customize the way you like. Doable with no code edits.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

njtweb

You guys are the best! Thanks for the info guys.

njtweb

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on November 10, 2018, 08:27:10 AM
Just from the admin panel, create a copy of the default theme for each board you want to customize, then set the board to use that copytheme, and then customize the way you like. Doable with no code edits.

Where do you copy in the admin panel?

Arantor

From Themes > Manage and Install, where it says to create a copy of a theme...

njtweb

Quote from: Arantor on November 10, 2018, 03:22:13 PM
From Themes > Manage and Install, where it says to create a copy of a theme...

Great, got it. Thank you very much.

njtweb

Weird, I made a copy of the default curve, and made 2 color changes to the body in index.css. Wasn't much just wanted to see what it would look like. Looked fine on a computer but responsiveness no longer works on hand helds or iPads.

SychO

It probably didn't copy the "responsive.css" file so you have to do it manually
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Advertisement: