This forum's URL doesn't contain the full path (?) unless clicked-on

Started by aegersz, November 26, 2018, 07:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

Hi, i was wondering ...

How and why does this forum have a short URL ?

What are the advantages and should i consider doing it ?

Where are the link's full paths ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

d3vcho

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

aegersz

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Illori

aegersz

Really ? it's Opera ? I had no idea and never noticed it before.

(I group my tabs by browser) ... many thanks then !

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

At least Opera and Chrome do that, and personally I don't like it one bit. Browsers shouldn't hide URLs.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

aegersz

Absolutely ... everything to do with browsers depend on the URL yet some "abstract thinker" implements hiding it ?

Give that fool a pay cut ... LOL

And if anybody made it this far, ever viewed the HTML source of a facebook page ?

It's insane ! Woah ...

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

aegersz

landyvlad

Quote from: aegersz on November 26, 2018, 10:23:55 AM
And if anybody made it this far, ever viewed the HTML source of a facebook page ?
It's insane ! Woah ...

Chaotic eh.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Advertisement: