Snowflakes

Started by Chen Zhen, December 24, 2018, 06:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

@lord alibaski:

I noticed you're using SMF 2.1.4 and you appear to have the the "child boards as drop-down" mod installed. As far as I can tell that mod is only compatible with the SMF 2.0 branch.

Did you edit that mod so it will work with SMF 2.1.4?
Is it possible that it is conflicting with the modification settings navigation links?

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

lord alibaski

@ Chen Zhen

After me posting last night I thought to myself was it the drop down mod causing problems, this could be the issue the mod package isn't there anymore but for some strange reason it looks like it stayed installed when I did a full upgrade to SMF 2.1.4 and now I can't remove it, I can disable it but this doesn't fix the issue.

The issue is there on all theme's on my live forum but is completely fine on wampserver so it could definitely be the drop down mod causing the problem, it's not a problem to worry about.

Chen Zhen

It sounds like leftover hooks loading & executing files/functions for that mod. You can use SMF maintenance to manually remove those hooks.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

lord alibaski

Quote from: Chen Zhen on December 11, 2023, 04:46:13 PMIt sounds like leftover hooks loading & executing files/functions for that mod. You can use SMF maintenance to manually remove those hooks.

Just done that but for some reason it still wont install and I have removed all modifications and cleaned all old hooks that were not needed.

Brilliant now I tried to re-install SimpleAudioVideoEmbedder7.0.3 and now I have a HTTP500 error, last time I got this it was a modification parse error but I forgot how to fix it.

Chen Zhen

• uninstall all mods
  • remove all hooks
  • use the SMF 2.1.4 upgrade package to overwrite all SMF default/main files
  • install all desired mods compatible with the SMF 2.1 branch

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

lord alibaski

Just done all that and I still having problems re-installing SimpleAudioVideoEmbedder7.0.3 I will see what vb says about it.

Advertisement: