News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

question re: width + height of images

Started by supernova777, January 08, 2019, 07:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supernova777

for a long while, most of the last 2 years, whenever i would paste in an image, whether i was linking to an attachment or to an external image
my site would automatically add width=MAX_WIDTH (the numbers i specified in my CONFIGURATION > FEATURES + OPTIONS > LAYOUT)
but now for some reason i guess i was changing some settings in my config.. and it has stopped doing this...
does anyone have any clues for me as to what has caused this to start/stop?
literally before anytime i saved my post and then edited it again, it had the widths added inside the [img] tag ie: [img width=MAX_WIDTH] like so

GigaWatt

Stopped doing it completely, or just not doing it from time to time, depending on the size of the image, time of day, etc. (I'm hinting at server load/overload, because I had a similar problem)?
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

drewactual

if you hard code it in your themes css file, you take a few calls off the server load and it happens with certainty.... just a thought...

add to your css:

.post .post inner img{max-width:xxx; height:auto; /*use auto so you don't distort image*/}

Advertisement: