News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

applying smf patches...php not acceptable?

Started by airdave, January 11, 2019, 09:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airdave

okay, right click and choose edit.

first option is the "character encoding" it is set to utf-8 right now, but theres a whole long list of choices

I already downloaded the thing, so I guess thats my emergency backup?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

In the menu above, there's "Edit". And select the one you have selected in the picture, the other one with the ~ in the end is a backup copy.

EDIT:
Okay, you found it - now in this section

// Future versions will make some of this configurable. This is primarily a 'safe' configuration for most cases for now.
header('X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN');
header('X-XSS-Protection: 1');
header('X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff');

Just comment out the first header row.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

airdave

"Just comment out the first header row."
Sorry...I don't know what this sentence means.

Are you saying to delete the first row of text?
Line 105?
How do I delete it?

This is what I see:

104    // Future versions will make some of this configurable. This is primarily a 'safe' configuration for most cases for now.
105   header('X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN');
106   header('X-XSS-Protection: 1');
107   header('X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff');

vbgamer45

Just remove the whole line
header('X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN');
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

airdave

just highlight and delete the text?

now its just a blank site at line 105.

okay, I hope I haven't messed things up. lol

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Or what I meant, save it for future so you know what you "removed" and add // in front of it. :)

So

104    // Future versions will make some of this configurable. This is primarily a 'safe' configuration for most cases for now.
105   // header('X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN');

Both work.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

airdave

lol don't tell me things AFTER I have deleted stuff!!!! LOL

anyway, I just checked the domain www.papermodelforum.com, and it works again!!!!
So thats all that matters.

I apologize for my ignorance.
I get by with most things, but when people start telling me what to do in tech-speak, I get totally lost.
You guys think its plain and simple, but to me it an alien language!

anyway, thanks again for your assistance.
Its really appreciated.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: airdave on January 11, 2019, 12:16:11 PM
I apologize for my ignorance.
I get by with most things, but when people start telling me what to do in tech-speak, I get totally lost.
You guys think its plain and simple, but to me it an alien language!
No need to apologize, we've all been there once. And that's what we're here for :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: