Concerning Default Personal text

Started by ajac63, January 26, 2019, 11:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajac63

I'm undecided what I should have as the 'Default Personal text' (the personal text assigned to newly registered members), so just wondering if SMF forum admins could post-up some examples?  ;D
Another SMF believer

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I think this would depend a lot on what type of forum you are running.

I mean, I have a default text that's basically a joke on the newbie, "Help! I'm Lost. O_o"  - but this would not work for every forum I'm sure.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

ajac63

Right, I see.  Whatever the text is, does it show in posts under the member's avatar and does this do or amount to the same thing as the Personal Text option under one's profile?  Which is optional...  Confused.  ;D
Another SMF believer

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Yeah it's the same thing - this option will just add a predefined personal text, for newly registered users.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

ajac63

OK, got that.  I'm also assuming that registered users can change it at some point?  Either straight away, or after a certain number of posts, or after having been active for a certain time?  Or is it fixed?
Another SMF believer

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

They can change it, if and when you allow them to change their profile info :) That is up to how you configure permissions.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

ajac63

Another SMF believer

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: