News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

2.1 RC1 Maintenance

Started by DragonLady, February 10, 2019, 10:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonLady

Not exactly a high priority problem, but when I run the routine maintenance routines, the "Recount all forum totals and statistics" function changes the number of topics and posts to zeros, despite their still existing.  When a new post is made, the number changes to 1, but running the "recount" app takes it right back to zero.

Just an FYI, as I'm sure everyone is busy.

SychO

Are you running a new installation or did you upgrade from 2.0 ? are there any errors in the error log ? are you looking at the numbers from the stats page ?

We appreciate the bug reports :)
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Bigguy

I am running a new install of publicly released 2.1 and it does not happen on my site.

shawnb61

I haven't been able to duplicate this either.   Answers to SychO's questions would help...

Quote from: SychO on February 10, 2019, 10:41:47 AM
Are you running a new installation or did you upgrade from 2.0 ? are there any errors in the error log ? are you looking at the numbers from the stats page ?
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

DragonLady

Sorry.... I forgot before I wrote this it was a BETA install before I upgraded it. 

shawnb61

Can you re-do an upgrade from your 2.0 forum?

Beta is beta...   
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

DragonLady

I'm upgrading my live forum now.  When I remembered the other was from an old version of the beta, I deleted it and started over.  So far, all seems to be going well...but cross  your fingers for me, okay?

shawnb61

It all is well, we should mark this one closed out also. 

Advertisement: