My site is getting a phishing warning

Started by addlife, February 24, 2019, 03:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

addlife

Hello I have bitdefender installed on my PC and whenever I visit my site it blocks me from going there and says it's suspected to be a phishing site proceed at your own risk. It doesn't give anymore details other than that.

I tried it on chrome and edge.

This started sometime last week and as far as I remember I didn't change anything.

Any idea how to figure out what it could be?

Arantor

Arantor

It's not really polite to PM without checking with people first, especially as there is no chance I'd respond to the PM.

I don't see your site listed in the usual sources of problems (namely Google's Safe Browsing list) and BitDefender doesn't find any issues my end.

The one issue I do see is that the site is mostly configured to use www.domain.com but the themes are set to use without the www so none of the Font Awesome things load. Pick one, stick to it and redirect the users to it.

Illori

Quote from: Arantor on February 24, 2019, 04:19:17 PM
It's not really polite to PM without checking with people first, especially as there is no chance I'd respond to the PM.

also by sending a PM to only one person you have limited your support pool to only that person. if Arantor had decided to not reply you may have gone without a reply and/or solution to your issue

addlife

Quote from: Arantor on February 24, 2019, 04:19:17 PM

I don't see your site listed in the usual sources of problems (namely Google's Safe Browsing list) and BitDefender doesn't find any issues my end.

The one issue I do see is that the site is mostly configured to use www.domain.com but the themes are set to use without the www so none of the Font Awesome things load. Pick one, stick to it and redirect the users to it.
Ok thanks for checking and the feedback about the font awesome stuff. I guess there was something off with my computer. maybe ill try to reinstall bitdefender to see if it goes away.

sorry about the PM I didn't want to post my site publicly and was assuming that if it was needed someone would ask me for it privately.

Arantor

We tend to do support publicly here, not privately.

delta5

Quote from: Arantor on February 26, 2019, 02:28:40 AM
We tend to do support publicly here, not privately.
That's good because many users like me lurk here to learn and watch for problems that could also affect our forums too.

AlanDewey

QuoteThat's good because many users like me lurk here to learn and watch for problems that could also affect our forums too.

Same here ! ! !  !!
Causing lots of electrons to push each other around since 1985.

Advertisement: