Just installed this through Godaddy. Where is the post button?

Started by trig1, March 04, 2019, 08:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trig1

Confusing as hell. How do I post signed in as admin but still can't post. WTF is going on. This should be all set up.

njtweb

Quote from: Looking on March 05, 2019, 07:49:30 AM
Did someone say "Godaddy"? *Shivers*

Ha ha. I did the 1 touch install through the Godaddy CPanel and had issues too. BUT! I did get it working after calling Godaddy and having them re-do it. It's something with their installatron thing I think.

Kindred

one should never ever ever ever ever use the one-click installer at goDaddy... for anything.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

njtweb

Quote from: Kindred on March 05, 2019, 02:23:01 PM
one should never ever ever ever ever use the one-click installer at goDaddy... for anything.

Out of curiosity, why not? Obviously the first shot didn't work but the second fixed whatever got screwed up. My site has been fine, never an issue, knocks on wood.

Arantor

Quote from: njtweb on March 05, 2019, 02:33:59 PM
Quote from: Kindred on March 05, 2019, 02:23:01 PM

Out of curiosity, why not? Obviously the first shot didn't work but the second fixed whatever got screwed up. My site has been fine, never an issue, knocks on wood.

You assume the second shot was actually done by the one click installer and not by support doing something else.

And our experience of GoDaddy issues spans many years at this point :(

njtweb

Good point. Thankfully they fixed it however they did it.

Arantor

Yes, but they shouldn't have had to fix it.

Meanwhile none of this is helping the OP :(

njtweb

Quote from: Arantor on March 05, 2019, 02:49:47 PM
Yes, but they shouldn't have had to fix it.

Meanwhile none of this is helping the OP :(

Well, not really. He should definitely still call and get support to fix it.

Kindred

if he just installed, then he should delete the attempted auto-install and use the installer archive from our site here.

Set up a new database
upload
unzip
run install.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: