News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Sticky topics

Started by Sage00, March 12, 2019, 12:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sage00

Hey guys...so I am quite familiar with the sticky topic set up or so I like to think but here is the mystery:

The aim is to create sticky topics which keep the sticky topics in an arranged order...and that has been successfully done in a number of posts...BUT in a new couple of  new boards it is not working...everytime someone replies to the topic the topic replied to ends up first in line. I cannot find any settings to get around this but really we did the same in all the posts...just it works in some but not the others....
What could possible cause this???

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

No setting exists in an unmodified SMF. The order is based on the last post, just like with other topics.
There is a mod for this though, a little old already but I think it could work.
Order Stickied Topics

Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Steve

I use a newer one: StickyTopicsOrder

Easy to use and works perfectly. Just keep in mind, the value you give each sticky topic in the admin panel will be in reverse order of what you might expect.

For example: if you have three stickied topics the one assigned as #3 will be first, #2 will be second, and #1 will be last.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: