News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How do I edit the welcome and email messages?

Started by alice727, April 14, 2019, 02:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alice727

I can't find where to edit the welcome message on the home page or the email messages.  I am using the SNF 2.1 version.  Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

m4z

(I'm not very experienced with SMF, so better wait for somebody more qualified to give you a better answer. ;))

I don't know what you mean by "welcome message", my forum doesn't seem to have such a thing. Or are you referring to the top-right mini news headline? Or are you asking if a welcome message can be displayed at all?

Regarding your second question: From looking at the admin interface, I would assume it currently isn't possible to change the Mail templates (or it's very hard to find).
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

kruimeltje

You mean the "welcome to my community please sign in or sign up"?
This will change once you changed your forum title. Admin > maintenance > server settings.

Not sure, but I believe there is also a news header in the upper right corner.
You can edit this: Admin > News

Not sure about the welcome emails, but I think you can edit them in the language files. Themes/default/languages.

br360

If you are talking about the message a new member gets emailed saying something like:

'Welcome to {FORUMNAME}';
'Thank you for registering at {FORUMNAME}. Your username is {USERNAME}. If you forget your password, you can reset it by visiting {FORGOTPASSWORDLINK}.

You can edit that in your: Themes/default/ languages/EmailTemplates.english.php

m4z

As @Sesquipedalian pointed out to me in another thread, the mail templates can be edited: Go to Administration Center ►  Languages ►  Edit Languages ► Edit ► in the "Edit Language Entries" section at the bottom, select "Email Templates".
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Advertisement: