News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

ad mods not working in other themes

Started by SALocalcom, May 01, 2019, 12:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SALocalcom

I installed 3 different ad mods that were working in the pre-installed "curve" theme.  Now I've just installed 3 new themes that work well on my smartphone, now all the ads are missing.

Would uninstalling the ad mods and reinstalling them now that the new themes are there....might that make them work?

Thanks

Arantor

Yes. Mods don't automatically get installed on new themes.

SALocalcom

Reinstalling them after the new themes didn't work.  No ads.

I'll try changing the locations of the ads to see if they show....maybe a setting somewhere.  They do show again on the smf "curve theme and there weren't failed installations on the two themes.  There were failed warnings in one theme so i skipped that one and only installed in the two themes that were reportedly ok with the install.

Arantor

Is the theme that you're using the one that was skipped?

SALocalcom

No, I didn't install the ad mods there...and didn't add that one to the user theme switching.  From some testing, I've found I can place one ad in one place, from one mod.

These are the ad mods:
Custom blocks
AdsToppost
Ad Managment
Adshomepage

and the themes they don't work in:
Studio
vVide

That may not mean anything to anybody who hasn't used them, but I just thought I'd list them in case someone see them and went thru the same thing.

These two themes work well on mobiles.

SALocalcom

I realize that one mod may interfere with the other, but in the curve theme, as long as you don't put ads in the same place using two of the mods, you can use all four mods and have a lot of variety.  Lot's of places to display ads on different pages.

It is possible that in the other themes, one mod is interfering with another.  I uninstall one at a time to see if that's what's going on....starting with "custom blocks". :o

SALocalcom

Just for info, I'm posting what I'm finding.  I uninstalled "custom blocks" and found it was easier to get the ads show, more where I wanted.  It might be that mod was interfering, or there where just too many options.

I also found you can use Tiny Portal and only use the blocks like the top or bottom blocks to place ads.  If you use the side blocks your mobile usage is going to get crowded, but TP I found, will work in the other themes.

Herman's Mixen

load the mod you want to install in this package parser and tick "Show only theme edits" and click parse mod.

now you get a list what you need to add in your custom theme

or normally when you install a mod you can also tick wich themes you want to install to maybe you did over-read that part
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

SALocalcom

Yeah, I did click the correct theme....thanks.  I'm sure parsing will be what i need to do.

Advertisement: