News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

htaccess for SSL ?

Started by landyvlad, May 10, 2019, 12:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

I'm using SMF 2.1 RC2 currently. Fresh install from full package (not upgrade)

I've selected force SSL in the forum settings.

Yet I'm still getting a not secure warning, just as you can probably see here: commandocomics.org

There was no htaccess file in existence so I created one as follows:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]

Yes I have seen this thread, which is where I got that code from.

What have I missed here? Advice please.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

vbgamer45

commandocomics.org uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed. Error code: MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_SELF_SIGNED_CERT

try to use lets encrypt or buy an SSL cert
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

landyvlad

I asked my host to have a look as I didn't get that problem with my other 2.1 RC2 forum.
Ta.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

landyvlad

Ok can people check if they are still having the problem or if it shows as OK please.

commandocomics.org

should redirect to https and show normally.

Thanks

skb

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Arantor

That's because the URL tag is built wrong and includes quotes that shouldn't be there. The actual site loads and redirects as expected.

lurkalot

Quote from: Arantor on May 12, 2019, 04:52:14 AM
That's because the URL tag is built wrong and includes quotes that shouldn't be there. The actual site loads and redirects as expected.

Link was probably built using SMF 2.1 https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/5209 Apparently this isn't an issue.

landyvlad

So it's working properly now?

lurkalot

Quote from: landyvlad on May 12, 2019, 07:35:13 PM
So it's working properly now?

Your site is, yes.  :)

And Kindred fixed your link above, so that works too.  ;)

landyvlad

Advertisement: