Just installed SMF 2.0.15 I would like to convert to SMF 2.0.15 RC2

Started by c3p0, June 29, 2019, 02:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c3p0

Hello guys,

I have just installed empty SMF 2.0.15 - no users registered at all, no comments at all.
About the conversion I have 2 problems:
1. I am absolutely novice;
2. I have SMF 2.0.15 installed by Softaculous on a free hosting without support;

How to convert SMF 2.0.15 to SMF 2.0.15 RC2 ?

Thanks!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You have installed the latest stable version. Why would you want to convert it to 2.1 RC2 when you could have just installed it straight?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

c3p0

From this point of view, I'm not sure how to install it straight ....
Softaculous will not install the last version, this is sure.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Staying with 2.0.15 is safe, and supported. 2.1 RC2 is a development version, that you need to keep up to date manually. I would suggest sticking with the stable version unless you have a reason to go for 2.1 or you just want to test it out. (And even then, it would make sense to install it from scratch, instead of upgrading from 2.0 when you have no content to worry about. )
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

c3p0

Shambles

Quote from: c3p0

Not sure that version was ever built :P

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Shambles on June 29, 2019, 04:14:35 AM
Quote from: c3p0

Not sure that version was ever built :P
Well, not officially at least, no. Often patches are built for testing though, before being released :P
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

c3p0

Sorry, my mistake about a version. I mean SMF 2.1 RC2 as the newest one.
I decided to install SMF 2.1 RC2 in another free hosting, the installation was successful and now I have 2 different Simple Machine Forums :laugh:

Advertisement: