Strange Page views On SMF

Started by Xpresskonami, July 05, 2019, 08:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xpresskonami

Hi. i discovered some strange page views in some categories on my forum. for example

Category A and Category B

Whenever i create a new topic on 'CATEGORY A' i got more than 10,000 views topic. but
ON 'CATEGORY B' Whenever i create topic in this B Category, i got about 33, 48, or 50 page views.

The main problem from this CATEGORY A page views is, it has not been recording or showing on GOOGLE ANALYTICS. Please is the CATEGORY A page views getting errors views or what, anyone facing this should kindly explain what happened...

Kindred

Really hard to say without ALOT more information
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sesquipedalian

It sounds like some search engine spider is going insane, or something like that. Another possibility is that some service has subscribed to the RSS feed for your Category A and syndicated it, with the result that thousands of clients all connect and view the topic as soon as they refresh their feeds.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Xpresskonami

Kiriakos GR

When people stealing (sharing) your forum pictures (attachments) in to other forums, every such action will increase your own page views counter.

SMF has a special function (by default this is OFF) not allowing this (sharing) of pictures with external IP address.
But if you do that, neither Google will be able to touch your pictures (thumbnails)  and add them in his own search engine. 

Advertisement: