Link in reply to PM is incorrect.

Started by yitzchok, August 25, 2019, 09:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yitzchok

I just installed SMF 2.1 and I'm testing it a bit.
When I send a PM to another user they get an email with the PM as well as a link to reply to the PM.
The link in the email is "email.mydomain.com........" however hxxp:email.mydomain.com [nonactive] is not pointing anywhere and therefore errors out when trying to access it.
When I add a A record to hxxp:email.mydomain.com [nonactive] pointing to the IP address of my server I'm getting a 404 error.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

Arantor

Do you mean the address the email is sent from, or a link to a website? The link to the website should be set to be the same as your actual forum...

yitzchok

The email it's coming from is correct.
My forum is at hxxp:forums.mydomain.com [nonactive]
But the link to respond is hxxp:email.mydomain.com [nonactive] which is not pointing anywhere.

Illori

you mean the link in the email to open the reply to the message is incorrect? or if you reply to the email received the email address is then incorrect?

yitzchok

Yes, The link in the email to open the message to reply is incorrect.
The reply-to email is fine. (that's coming from the smtp settings)

Arantor

Could you give us an uncensored example?

yitzchok

Quote from: Arantor on August 26, 2019, 12:28:41 PM
Could you give us an uncensored example?
Sorry my fault.
I started using my old mail-gun account for testing purposes and I had link tracking turned on in mail-gun which was rewriting the links.
Problem was I did not have the Cname added for the mail-gun host-name which was giving me a no such page error.

Thank you all for your help and patience.

Advertisement: