Emails Not Sending

Started by TheEngineer, September 09, 2019, 02:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEngineer

I'm having trouble getting emails to go out on my site. They used to work, but we had a crash some months back and haven't worked since. I thought it was just me using the wrong settings, but I started digging in more today and I don't think that's the issue.

This is the error in my log: (I removed the email address it was trying to reach, but it was a real address)

http://delreefclub.org/smf-2-0-15/index.php?action=post2;start=0;board=84
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
Unable to send mail to the email address <an email address>

I tried the test email php script and get a "Fail..." when running it. I called my host (HostGator) and they were able to run mail() directly on the server without an issue. I'm not really sure where to go from here. Can you suggest somewhere to start?

We are running 2.0.15. Our site is at http://delreefclub.org.

EDIT:
Not sure if this matters, but here are the mods I have installed:

1.    Social Login    3.7
2.    Automatic Attachment Rotation (and Resize)    5.7    
3.    Simple Audio Video Embedder    4.5.3a    
4.    Tapatalk SMF 2.0 Plugin    4.5.2    
5.    Ad Managment    3.5c    
6.    EzPortal    4.5.2    

Sir Osis of Liver

I'm registered on your forum as Sir Osis, if you can make me admin again I'll have a look.

Did you change anything or install/uninstall any mods around the time this happened?  Was Tapatalk running before and after the problem appeared?  Do you know what caused the crash, or what Hostgator did to fix it?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

TheEngineer

Done!

No changes that I can recall. We had Tapatalk running before the crash. I reinstalled it after the recovery. I still don't know what caused that crash. HostGator did zero to fix it. They tried to do a roll back on the site, but they were all incomplete. I wound up doing a fresh install and manually moving everything over from the crashed instance to the new one, fixing things as I went along.

Sir Osis of Liver

Hostgator has been a mess lately, you should move to a better host.  Looking at your errorlog, all forum emails seem to be failing.  Forum appears to be running normally otherwise.  Have you tried switching from SMTP to php mail?  Anything in server errorlog?  Do you have an option to disable mod_security in your cpanel?  If not, can you ask HG support to do it?

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: