News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Theme] Amber (SMF v1.1RC1 - v1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, November 16, 2005, 07:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

codenaught

Bloc, the theme looks simply amazing. Very...... sleek and pleasant. Great job.  :)
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

bledsian

very, very nice.  but amber is an orange-yellow colour  :P
www.MansionofMetal.com  <---the place where true metal lives

bloc

I know...There is some orange/brown in it though.. ;)

wizard13335

It's a good-looking theme, but it gets a little cramped in areas like the package manager, where three is a lot of content, and also places where there already is a side menu. Only when the menu isn't collapsed, though. Other than that, it's a great theme!
Wizard-A world of spells and enchantments awaits you.
Have a cat? Share your pet with the world at Kitten Kare.

bloc

Yes, with a permanent sidebar that is an unfortunate effect. The upshrink is of course meant to be used in these situations...maximize the space when you need it.

forsakenlad

Another great theme from a great designer! Thanks for this unique theme Bloc! :)
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

weber

Very nice work, Bloc. Thank you for sharing. :)

Dannii

Very nice as i said on TP.net

Instead of expanding the image like that, couldn't you instead just have a horizontally repeating background underneath?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

JayBachatero

Quote from: eldacar on November 19, 2005, 11:08:44 PM

Instead of expanding the image like that, couldn't you instead just have a horizontally repeating background underneath?

The whole thing is a background.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

pepsifreak

OMG!  I LOVE THIS THEME~!!!

Is it only for SMF v1.1RC1 or is there a separate download for 1.0.5?

I am getting some errors on the forum error log for 1.0.5 though it's functioning.

AWESOME.  AWESOME THEME!!!

JayBachatero

Quote from: pepsifreak on November 19, 2005, 11:33:19 PM

I am getting some errors on the forum error log for 1.0.5 though it's functioning.

[Theme] Amber (SMF v1.1RC1) ;)
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Dannii

silly me :P

Hmm, prehaps it could be applied to a higher level element. Or a really long image would do i suppose.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

pepsifreak

Quote from: JayBachatero on November 19, 2005, 11:34:30 PM
Quote from: pepsifreak on November 19, 2005, 11:33:19 PM

[Theme] Amber (SMF v1.1RC1) ;)

Oh well yeah there is THAT!   ;)

I guess I will go ahead and do RC1 so I can have this theme.  I always manage to break the thing when I upgrade. 

Thanks!

bloc

Quote from: eldacar on November 19, 2005, 11:08:44 PM

I could, but it wouldn't look as nice ;) The idea is that people can blend in their own "header image there..I am working on adjusting the PSD so its just a matter of adding it to a layer and then save the 3 slices in Photoshop.

Lillie

Wahey, this looks fantastic! :) Is there anyway you/I could take the sidebar away/off? :D
If you're afraid of the dark, you've never seen what the light can do.

bloc

You can use the upshrink "arrow" quite easily to hide it...or did you mean a more permanent solution?

Foreverpurple

WOW!  Looks fantastic!!  ::bows::

Dannii

Lillie

Quote from: Bloc on November 22, 2005, 07:43:54 PM
You can use the upshrink "arrow" quite easily to hide it...or did you mean a more permanent solution?
Nope that's exactly what I meant, thanks :D
You should definitely try to whip up a xmas theme next! Your themes are the best around ;)
If you're afraid of the dark, you've never seen what the light can do.

Gobo

OMG!! I LOVE THIS THEME!!

If i was a girl id propose to u...but lucky for everyone..im not lol.

Thank you so much!

Hey can I have a chat button and one empty button for this theme? cos i wana add a chat button to the theme and one for returning to my homepage!

Thank u so so much

Advertisement: