SMF 2.0.15 - RSS Feed Error

Started by Trevor Hale, September 24, 2019, 02:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hale

Good Day all,

I have been struggling with this issue for days now, and am at a loss.  I have XML/RSS News turned on, and When I visit the link it tries to open a local index.php file.
All other "RSS FEED" Websites, and readers can't identify the RSS feed, and some even report them as an HTML File not a feed.

I can access the XML without the Style=rss, but that still doesn't get identified as a legitimate RSS Feed as I am sure you would already know.

Here is the link.

https://www.cockpitbuilders.com/index.php?action=.xml;type=rss

I am Running PortaMX V1.54, Ebay Code, Bookmarks, PM Attachments, and tapatalk plugin (With the Tapatalk mod also not working) and hoping the two issues aren't connected.

Please let me know if you require further information.

Thanks,

Trev

lurkalot

Your RSS feed works ok for me.  I did have to accept the cookies on your site first, so that might be why the other readers are spitting feathers.  It said,

"Until you accept the storage of cookies you can't continue."

Trevor Hale

Hmm...  Ok, thanks I will see what happens if I turn that off..

Thank you for getting back to me so quick.

Trev

lurkalot

I should have also mentioned. Certain modern browsers no longer support RSS feeds out of the box, so a you'll need to install addons to make them work.

I believe Edge, and Firefox don't have a built in RSS reader, not sure about other browsers.

Trevor Hale

Thanks, I appreciate that. 

That would explain why Firefox pretended it was broken.

The cookies option was the culprit for the twitter bot posting.

Thanks again.  Now time to look at 2.1 and tiny Portal without breaking anything.

Trev

Advertisement: