News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Blocthemes - past released themes

Started by Bloc, November 05, 2019, 06:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloc

I have added several of my past released SMF themes on Github, not zipped up but with folders intact, so you can upload them directly into Themes folder. Most of them are for SMF 2.0.x. Also, several exists on the Tinyportal.net site.

https://github.com/blocthemes/older-themes

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

aryansindy

This Tow Themen  Cesium21beta3_v105 & Lithium21beta3_v102  Don`t have index.css
I mean index.css is empty  0 Bytes !

Thanks

Dzonny

Quote from: aryansindy on November 05, 2019, 10:06:44 AM

Thanks
Looks like all css code is moved to different file, so index.css is not needed?
loadCSSFile('lithium.css', array('minimize' => true), 'bloc_cesium');

-Rock Lee-

It seems interesting thanks @Bloc!

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Bloc

Quote from: Dzonny on November 05, 2019, 10:59:12 AM
Quote from: aryansindy on November 05, 2019, 10:06:44 AM

Thanks
Looks like all css code is moved to different file, so index.css is not needed?
loadCSSFile('lithium.css', array('minimize' => true), 'bloc_cesium');
Correct. It might be an idea to test the theme or investigate a little bit first (thanks, Dzonny :) ) before proclaiming something is "wrong"...then you will see that actually several of the "normal" css files in Lithium are 0 bytes - simply because its easiest way to get rid of all default styles. 

Anyways, some or many of the themes have been on here too, but were for various reasons removed/not approved. I figured they could at least be public than just resting on my harddrive, maybe be of use for SMF 2.0(and 2.1beta3 ) users. Most likely there won't be any updates..but now at least its a bit easier in the sense that I can just update the Github repo. :D

Antechinus

Nice one. :)
Some of your old 1.1.x themes were really good too. I still have a lot of those stashed on desktop.

Biology Forums

QuoteAnyways, some or many of the themes have been on here too, but were for various reasons removed/not approved. I figured they could at least be public than just resting on my harddrive, maybe be of use for SMF 2.0(and 2.1beta3 ) users. Most likely there won't be any updates..but now at least its a bit easier in the sense that I can just update the Github repo. :D

Why weren't they approved? Do you remember which one?

Hatshepsut

Antechinus

Out of the 11x themes, I still have copies of:

Aeon
Adagio
Alienation
Andromeda
Aqua
Azure
Blue Skies
Bz14
Bz22
Callisto
Emerald
Enterprise
Exodus
Half Life
Helios
Impulse
Invazion
Liquid Web
Luminance
Manuscript
Mesh
Metalcore
Millenium
Novelty
Omega
Pegasus
Phobos
Prometheus
Rendezvous
Tolkien
Topaz
Virtual Cell
Web2
Workdesk

Bloc

Very nice :) I must admit I don't have them all anymore, quite a few years back those. They can certainly be public too, but unsure if anyone would actually have use for them.

Bloc

Quote from: Biology Forums on November 06, 2019, 01:55:47 PM
QuoteAnyways, some or many of the themes have been on here too, but were for various reasons removed/not approved. I figured they could at least be public than just resting on my harddrive, maybe be of use for SMF 2.0(and 2.1beta3 ) users. Most likely there won't be any updates..but now at least its a bit easier in the sense that I can just update the Github repo. :D

Why weren't they approved? Do you remember which one?
Just the 2.1 ones..I can't recall exactly, language strings maybe? ..but I think it was for those reasons I stopped submitting to the SMF theme site. And before anyone asks: its in the past,whats done is done and bob's your uncle. Or rather Github is. :D

Arantor

Thanks Bloc!

Also, here's a convenient gallery of theme previews for most of these themes: https://smfthemedemos.levertine.org/index.php?media/album/smf-bloc-themes.1/

Biology Forums

Quote from: Arantor on November 07, 2019, 10:22:49 AM
Thanks Bloc!

Also, here's a convenient gallery of theme previews for most of these themes: https://smfthemedemos.levertine.org/index.php?media/album/smf-bloc-themes.1/

I literally wanted to do the same! Thanks for this

lurkalot

Quote from: Bloc on November 05, 2019, 06:35:37 AM
I have added several of my past released SMF themes on Github, not zipped up but with folders intact, so you can upload them directly into Themes folder. Most of them are for SMF 2.0.x. Also, several exists on the Tinyportal.net site.

https://github.com/blocthemes/older-themes

Thanks bloc, would be nice to see them all, past and present. 

And the ones at Tinyortal.net can be found right here, https://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat87

I did get around to adding thumbnail images a while back, where I could.  ;)

Antechinus

Quote from: Bloc on November 07, 2019, 01:40:18 AM
Very nice :) I must admit I don't have them all anymore, quite a few years back those. They can certainly be public too, but unsure if anyone would actually have use for them.

Well obviously they'd need quite a bit of work to convert them, and at this stage it would make sense to wait until 2.1 was stable enough for serious theming, but I think some of them would adapt to modern/responsive coding quite well. Could be a bit of fun if anyone was in the mood. If you want any or all of those zips just let me know. :)

Biology Forums

What impressed me the most was rounded corners in some SMF 1.x themes. At the time, rounded corners were really hard to do...

Bloc

Quote from: Antechinus on November 07, 2019, 07:34:53 PM
Quote from: Bloc on November 07, 2019, 01:40:18 AM

Well obviously they'd need quite a bit of work to convert them, and at this stage it would make sense to wait until 2.1 was stable enough for serious theming, but I think some of them would adapt to modern/responsive coding quite well. Could be a bit of fun if anyone was in the mood. If you want any or all of those zips just let me know. :)
Thanks, if you can: I'll take them all :) I'd like to update the Github with these too, it'd make it easier for anyone wanting to do something with them.

Quote from: Biology Forums on November 08, 2019, 12:14:48 AM
What impressed me the most was rounded corners in some SMF 1.x themes. At the time, rounded corners were really hard to do...

Yes, it was hard due to the use of tables and non-existant css styles. I was a bit of Photoshop geek already then and chopping up graphics into separate items to "surround" the content made it possible to get the rounded look. Nowadays it could be done same way by setting 4 backgrounds on a element instead. :) Or, if the round look wasn't too particular in its graphic, use the border-radius instead.

Antechinus

Ok, it's 46 meg with the whole folder zipped. I'll upload it to Mediafire and PM you a link. :)

Advertisement: