LimeStone

Started by Mick., December 07, 2019, 01:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick.

There is no reason to have a mile long header menu. You should rid some of them menu buttons.

For example, I never use the Help button and quite frankly who does? Let's rid of it.

In Sources folder, find Subs.php file and near the bottom about 3/4 of the way find:

'help' => array(
'title' => $txt['help'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=help',
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),

Hide this button by simply replacing true to false. Now your menu got shorter. Do the same on other buttons if you like. Also, we have dropdown menu mods here; might want to bunch up those portal links to it?

shadav

or edit your subs.php and make new menus and move existing menus into them as submenus

one site i did that on

made a menu named Staff links
and moved the admin and moderator menu's into it as submenus

then another one as User menu
and moved the profile and my messages into it as submenus

ect ect ect

Antechinus

If you just want to hide buttons you can use the default ID:

#button_help {display: bugger off;}

etc. :)

Mick.

Quote from: Antechinus on February 12, 2021, 08:12:52 PM
If you just want to hide buttons you can use the default ID:

#button_help {display: bugger off;}

etc. :)
yas! I like this method too for theme making :)

shadav

i think this is fixed now...sorry their english isn't that great but, when visiting the display.template.php google says it's not mobile friendly
I didn't think about most themes just use the default themes display template so you would need to install the responsive curve mod and then install this theme

at first thought maybe it was an issue with rtl so they were asked to ask the theme creator....(could have been a bit more explanation to that post)

Advertisement: