News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[2.1] Buddy Bug???

Started by Skhilled, February 13, 2020, 09:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

I think I've found a bug. Someone added me as their buddy. I did get the Alert when I logged in. However, when I viewed the alert and clicked the "View" button nothing happens! All other alerts I had sent me to the post, etc. in question. But this did not.

This was not on my site but someone else's 2.1 site. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I'll try to recreate it on one of my test sites later.

live627

it loops right back to the same page when I tried it on my test install just now

shawnb61

I actually think this is desired behavior. 

The problem is - where should it take you?  There isn't an associated topic or post... 

If this is really confusing for folks, it might be a little more friendly to get rid of the "view" button?  Or, maybe have it bring you to the profile of the person who added you as a buddy?
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Diego Andrés

If there's already a link in the name of that person that added you as a buddy maybe just take the user to the list of friends if it's something available?

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Skhilled

Sorry, been really busy. Someone added me as a buddy on my test site. I got no alert or anything just as on the other site. Nothing in Edit Buddies either. Shouldn't there be something in your profile to allow or deny someone adding you? The only way I knew the persons added me was the fact that they told me.

Advertisement: