News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Change gif images

Started by mirfälltnixein, April 06, 2020, 12:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirfälltnixein

Hi i tried to change some Icons of the Core theme, I opened them and edited them with gimp and saved them but whenever I change an icon and reload my Forum the Icon just dissappears :( any ideas why it doesnt work?

Looking

Are you saving them in the same format? For instance, .JPG, .PNG, .GIF. Case sensitivity is also an issue.

mirfälltnixein

Quote from: Looking on April 06, 2020, 12:11:08 PM
Are you saving them in the same format? For instance, .JPG, .PNG, .GIF. Case sensitivity is also an issue.
Yes, I even copied the original icon and replaced it with a modified version

Sir Osis of Liver

If you restore the original icons, do they work?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

mirfälltnixein

yes, I can also use other default icons if i copy and rename them, could it be that I need to use something else to edit the Gif files?

Sir Osis of Liver

Attach one of the gifs that doesn't work.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Nothing wrong with the image, displays fine in Core.  Are you replacing a gif with a gif?  Are you uploading them to correct directory?

- R. Waters

mirfälltnixein

yes same file type and same directory
EDIT: Ok Its working now, for some stupid reason the file owner was copied with my gif files so everytime i copied something into my smf folder it had the wrong owner, opened terminal and used chown www-data:www-data and now its working :D

Hind24P

Thanks for the explanation! I visibly had the same issue somehow, but it's all solved now. I wonder why this happens...

Kindred

because the host has something badly configured
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Hind24P

Okay, thanks, I'll be looking into that then!

Techcloud

Hi, I have also faced the same problem. I also need the solution of this problem since I'm very new in this forum. I 'm working on different image post production platform for my image editing work. Thanks for raising such important question and solutions as well.

Advertisement: