News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Reputation System Mod

Started by 0ver12, June 14, 2020, 12:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0ver12

Hi.

I'm looking for a reputation system mod, basically, the users interact with each other and then the reputation system display a score on the users' profile, based on those interactions (every interaction counts as +1 reputation point). Is there anything like that?

PS: It's not like the karma MOD :)

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: 0ver12 on June 14, 2020, 12:11:48 PM
Hi.

I'm looking for a reputation system mod, basically, the users interact with each other and then the reputation system display a score on the users' profile, based on those interactions (every interaction counts as +1 reputation point). Is there anything like that?

PS: It's not like the karma MOD :)

When you say users interact with each other, what do you mean exactly? Interact how? Users can give a reputation to other users from their profiles, or give each other posts/topics a rep?

0ver12

Hi!

Users can give each other posts/topics a rep.

E.G.

||| My Post |||
Line 1,
Line 2,
Line 3

And under my post there's something like:  :P ::) ;D :(

and then, the reader choose one smils, click on it and this action counts to the post author rep.

Decent_946

Well, there are some mods out if you wanna try for topic rating by reactions.

1. Awesome Post Ratings
2. SMFPacks Reaction Mod.

It's like you're demanding an additional feature to this. Which, you can request the mod author to script for you.

ps: I'm in progress of creating a reaction mod for free. Hopefully it'll be available soon.
Thankx to RebellioN

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: 0ver12 on June 14, 2020, 01:23:42 PM
Hi!

Users can give each other posts/topics a rep.

E.G.

||| My Post |||
Line 1,
Line 2,
Line 3

And under my post there's something like:  :P ::) ;D :(

and then, the reader choose one smils, click on it and this action counts to the post author rep.

It looks like you need a reaction mod instead of a reputation one. Anyways, both those mods posted above will do what you want imo.

0ver12

@Doug Hefferman

It's a reaction mod with a reputation system, what I need ;)

@Decent_946

Thanks for the indications!

I am happy to know that you are developing something similar, totally free for the community. I wish you good luck in the development and I will wait for the mod!

Thanks guys!

shadav

so if i'm understanding correctly, you basically want to bridge the react mod with the karma mod?
so that when someone reacts on a post it either adds or removes a point from their karma.....

0ver12

Quote from: shadav on June 14, 2020, 03:19:39 PM
so if i'm understanding correctly, you basically want to bridge the react mod with the karma mod?
so that when someone reacts on a post it either adds or removes a point from their karma.....

Almost that, although if something like this existed it would be very useful to me. The "ideal mod" for me would only serve to increase reputation, not deduction... Basically, simplifying, every time a user reacts to a post by another user, the user who received the reaction increases his reputation by 1 point. It is very similar to what exists in the IPB.

Advertisement: