Upload Attachment and Profile Dropdown Not Working in SMF forum 2.1 RC2

Started by kkmixs, July 19, 2020, 12:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkmixs

Hello Friends

Need a help on my forum. Currently I am using SMF 2.1 RC2 version. It was working fine but since last few months I started getting below two problems.

a) The profile menu drop down ( in the top bar) is not getting open
b) Can't upload any attachment to the forum. Clicking on the button don't do anything.

Please See: I am not getting any error while uploading the file to my forum. Though I can select the file using browse button but the upload and add button don't do anything.

These problem is similar to this one.

It seems that this is Javascript related error. Please note, I have two separate forum installed using SMF forum 2.1. This error start appearing on both forum suddendly. I have installed 2.1 RC2 long back but the error started appearing recently and simalteneously on both forum.

You can find my forum at this link. Guest Posting is enabled hence you can check on your own (if required)

Please help.

shinglis

I have a similar issue, the "upload" button for attachments so longer starts the uploads. Can select add, choose my attachment but then nothing.

No issue with the profile menu.

vicram10

some "modification" that you installed and modified the Post.template.php?

kkmixs

Quote from: vicram10 on July 29, 2020, 04:14:48 PM
some "modification" that you installed and modified the Post.template.php?

No I did nothing. Infact one of my member informed about this. I have not made any changes to my forum in last 6 months except upgrading PHP version of my server

kkmixs

Quote from: shinglis on July 29, 2020, 01:03:07 PM
I have a similar issue, the "upload" button for attachments so longer starts the uploads. Can select add, choose my attachment but then nothing.

No issue with the profile menu.

Hey,
Did you find the solution for this problem. If yes then please do share

kkmixs

I am getting the same error even after updating the Post file

However, it is working properly on Internet Explorer but getting this error on Google Chrome and Internet Edge. Please help

Advertisement: