Pictures of older attachments re-appear when you click on thumbnail attachments

Started by pascal_sweden, July 26, 2020, 11:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pascal_sweden

This bug can be easily reproduced on the following forum thread:

hxxp:www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/obscure-benchtop-capacitance-meter-nichiei-denshi-kogyo-ns-535-mkiii-any-info/msg3155914/#msg3155914 [nonactive]

Open the forum thread.

Look at the first post of the forum thread.

Look at the thumbnail pictures of the first forum post.
Remember how they look like BEFORE clicking on them.

Click on the thumbnail pictures of the first forum post.
The first three pictures will change to older pictures when you click on them.

The EEVBlog forum runs the following version:
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines

shadav

um?? This has already been discussed here: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=574134.0

and as you are not the site owner and have no access to the admin or ftp, what exactly do you expect for us to be able to do?
nor will you attempt to test it out here within these forums or on a test forum that was supplied to you, nor will you install the script to test it out yourself.....

As stated, contact the site owner and haven them fix it or to come here so they can get help to fix it....

not trying to be rude.....but......what is the point in bringing this up again?
The site owner will have to fix the issue, an issue that is not a common problem (only under very rare and uncommon conditions.....meaning they should probably look at a different host) and in an older version that needs to be updated.... the issue can not be reproduced by 5 different people.....and again you aren't even the site owner so again, how is this helpful to bring this back up? As already explained it's an issue with that site specifically....and the only way for it to be fixed is by contacting that site owner.

pascal_sweden

How can the admin of a forum fix this?

The only people who can fix a bug in the Simple Machines forum software is Simple Machines itself.

Why are you on this forum, if you have no basic skills in reproducing a bug???

If you can not reproduce it, it means you have not properly tested it.

Did you follow my procedures as I described?

Did you click on the thumbnail pictures in order to expand them?

You need to click on the thumbnail pictures.

Again, why are you on this forum if you have no clue about testing software?

Illori

if the admin were to come here, we can tell them steps to resolve the issue. as you are not the admin and not helping us i am locking this topic. if you want this resolved ask the admin to come and post here on their own in our support boards.

Illori

it is also rude for you to send me an email to explain your issue and say that the admin has been informed. if the admin was informed and wanted to work on resolving this issue they would register here and make their own topic where we will work directly with them to resolve the issue. we cannot work with you and this issue has been confirmed as not a bug on the current version of the software.

Advertisement: