topic links to a blank page

Started by RFD, September 04, 2020, 05:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFD

SMF 2.0.17 ... see images below ... ran 'find and repair any errors' with no change.

Arantor

Is it only that topic? Is there meant to be an attachment in it?

If you go to www.tradgang.com/tgsmf/index.php?action=post;topic=173388 what happens?

Is there anything in your error log? Your server's error log?

Doug Heffernan

Is this a brand new forum? If not, what was the latest modification that you did to your forum prior to this happening?

RFD

no mods or changes made to the forum, which is very active on a 24x7x365 basis.

just this one topic can't be viewed, it links to a blank page (as seen in the images i uploaded).  i have no clue what's in the topic post or it's one post reply.

no errors on the forum or server.

Arantor

Quote from: RFD on September 04, 2020, 06:10:57 PM
no mods or changes made to the forum, which is very active on a 24x7x365 basis.

just this one topic can't be viewed, it links to a blank page (as seen in the images i uploaded).  i have no clue what's in the topic post or it's one post reply.

no errors on the forum or server.

This is why I gave you a link to reply to the topic, on the theory it might provide some idea what posts are in it and whether they talk about attachments.

Also, I'd be worried that your server error log has no record of a fatal error.

RFD

there was the topic starter and a post by another member.  i went to both of their profiles and looked at their post logs.  the topic starter shows a post log (image below) but the poster has no record of his post to that thread.

Arantor

Does the poster have any attachments?

RFD

Arantor

That's unexpected.

Please ask your host for the error log to see what error it is complaining about.

RFD

Quote from: Arantor on September 04, 2020, 06:47:58 PM
That's unexpected.

Please ask your host for the error log to see what error it is complaining about.

will do and report back .......

Illori

i wonder if it was someone else that posted an attachment in that topic that did this.

can you install https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4111 and see if it helps?

RFD

Quote from: Illori on September 04, 2020, 07:49:37 PM
i wonder if it was someone else that posted an attachment in that topic that did this.

can you install https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4111 and see if it helps?

not sure what that mod will do or allow, but it's now installed and the "image processing memory limit" is set to 128.  what next?

r.

RFD

yes, it must be the attachment i found that the poster (not the topic starter) attempted to post - 7.3megs in size ...

Sir Osis of Liver

Looks like the attachment was uploaded successfully, there's a 7.3mb file dated 7-11-20 in /attachments.

You're still running in php 5.5. :P
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

RFD

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on September 04, 2020, 09:24:26 PM
Looks like the attachment was uploaded successfully, there's a 7.3mb file dated 7-11-20 in /attachments.

You're still running in php 5.5. :P

i went through the attachment sub-dir and saw that and other huge filesizes, but the date is incorrect, should be 9/3/20 which is the date of the thread in question that's hosed.

the PHP version on my server is/was s'posed to get upgraded to the latest version .... any day now, any year .....  :o

Sir Osis of Liver

Don't have admin access to that forum, but you can limit max attachment size in attachment settings.  I've reduced the file size to 151k (original is 0a2483381632379983d0503a7eaa2dd4613237a2.sav), see if topic loads.

You can also use this mod to resize attached images.

Probably suggested this before, you should consider moving to better host.

- R. Waters

RFD

SOL, thanx for looking into this problem.  the thread is still hosed ...

http://www.tradgang.com/tgsmf/index.php?topic=173388.0

i'll look into the auto-resize mod.

nope, you didn't fix the image, which is this one ...

http://www.tradgang.com/tgsmf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=173388.0;attach=51907

Sir Osis of Liver

White screen should be logging server error, but there's no errorlog file in that domain, and don't see any access in cpanel.  Can you ask support to check for errors?  Would be interesting to have a look at database, but don't have phpmyadmin login.

- R. Waters

RFD

where are you looking for and/or finding thread specific attachments?  the tgsmf/attachments sub-dir has no filenames that make sense with regards to the image that the user uploaded as an attachment, have no clue where that 7.3meg image is located on the server, that was loaded on 9/3/20 at something past 9pm.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, it's working now.  Seems to be a server issue, it's choking on the large file.  There are quite a few files over 7mb, largest is 19.2mb, those topics may also be broken.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: