database error, inet_aton error, board dead on install

Started by jonesH, October 16, 2020, 08:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonesH

In the past I have been able to work around no support for ipv6 and its dreaded error message by commenting out the line Listen [::0]:80 (or something like that) in the httpd.conf. That was when I was running Bitnami WAMP and a prior version of pretty much everything.

Now I am on a MacBook Pro with Catalina (10.15.4), Bitnami MAMP 7.4.11-0 with PHP 7.4.10 and trying to install SMF 2.0.17, on localhost:8080 (while my server is using 3306, fwiw).

When I look in httpd.conf, I find no such line to comment out.

Anyway, the package installs nicely, but then not much else works, and sometimes a click or two are ok if I let the dough rest for a few minutes. I am reading that PHP 7.4 may be the reason (as even SMF's own docs say, if I read it right)... but this never ends, apparently. This is both annoying, yet probably an easy fix. I kept reading thru what seemed helpful, tried this and that, but no luck. Can anyone help, please?

Alternatively, should I perhaps just scrape it all and try loading an earlier MAMP that comes with PHP 7.2-something?

vbgamer45

IPV6 is fixed in SMF 2.1 which also supports PHP 7.4

SMF 2.0.x requires that workaround for IPV6 and currently supports PHP 7.3
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

jonesH

Thanks. I understand that trying to make this work with PHP 7.4 is a no-go for the time being, right?
I will take look at 2.1, as you suggested.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: