News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

duplicate post in one section

Started by goldenstudios, November 09, 2020, 12:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldenstudios

the limit of 10 posts, however, of that mod how do I change it?

Kindred

well, a better choice might be to use the existing SSI function   ssi_recentTopics

create a new php page in your forum root directory
Code (RecentTopics.php) Select

<?php

require_once('SSI.php');

global 
$user_info;

$num 20//set this to the number of topics that you want listed
$inc_boards= array(2,3,4,5); // comma separated list of the board IDs which you want this list to pull from

if $user_info['is_guest'] {
  echo 
'Please log in to see this content';
} else {
ssi_recentTopics($numnull$inc_boards'echo');
}
?>

Then you can set Board 1 to be a redirect board which points to the URL of the above page

the nice thing about this method is that it is portable between versions and does not involve ANY changes to core code
[/code]
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

goldenstudios

I created the file and placed it in the root directory

but I also installed the mod you recommended, but I don't understand the code you gave me how to set it up

then in the mod you showed me I should make some changes because I would like it to post only certain sections and not all

Kindred

go to https://yoursite.com/RecentTopics.php

this should display what you want

in the code I gave above,
$num = 20; //set this to the number of topics that you want listed
$inc_boards= array(2,3,4,5); // comma separated list of the board IDs which you want this list to pull from

change the values of these two settings to determine the COUNT of how many topics to display and the BOARDS to be included
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

goldenstudios

but my id are 20.0 43.5 etc how do I set them?
i test link but show white page

Kindred

every actual board will be a whole number...    43.5 is *NOT* a board ID.  20.0 would be 20

what is your site URL?
Слaва
Украинi

goldenstudios

i set but not work
i have send pm for you

Kindred

Ah...    you're a pirate DVD site.

Sorry, as a denizen of the interwebs who BELIEVES in intellectual property and copyright owner's rights, I can no longer provide assistance.
Слaва
Украинi

goldenstudios

Quote from: Kindred on November 11, 2020, 05:03:25 PM
Ah...    you're a pirate DVD site.

Sorry, as a denizen of the interwebs who BELIEVES in intellectual property and copyright owner's rights, I can no longer provide assistance.
I sent a sample site ...
not mine i'm not a stupid

Advertisement: