After upgrade from 2.0.17, unable to login

Started by kamio, November 11, 2020, 11:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamio

We just upgraded from 2.0.17 to 2.1 RC 3.

After the upgrade, we are unable to login to the forums.

When the "Login" link is clicked. A blank pop-up appears with the words "error".  Nothing else.

Here is a dump of last three entries of the error table (with host name redacted as "SITE").

[{"file":"\SITE/Sources\/Subs.php","line":3283,"function":"smf_error_handler"},{"function":"{closure}"},{"file":"\SITE/Sources\/Subs.php","line":3284,"function":"preg_replace_callback"},{"file":"\SITE/Sources\/Subs.php","line":3152,"function":"parsesmileys"},{"file":"\SITE/Sources\/Subs.php","line":3624,"function":"parse_bbc"},{"file":"\SITE/Sources\/Subs.php","line":3853,"function":"setupThemeContext"},{"file":"\SITE/Sources\/Subs.php","line":3473,"function":"template_header"},{"file":"\SITE/index.php","line":176,"function":"obExit"}]

[{"file":"\SITE/Sources\/Subs.php","line":3283,"function":"smf_error_handler"},{"function":"{closure}"},{"file":"\SITE/Sources\/Subs.php","line":3284,"function":"preg_replace_callback"},{"file":"\SITE/Sources\/Subs.php","line":3152,"function":"parsesmileys"},{"file":"\SITE/Sources\/Subs.php","line":3624,"function":"parse_bbc"},{"file":"\SITE/Sources\/Subs.php","line":3853,"function":"setupThemeContext"},{"file":"\SITE/Sources\/Subs.php","line":3473,"function":"template_header"},{"file":"\SITE/Sources\/Security.php","line":143,"function":"obExit"},{"file":"\SITE/Sources\/Load.php","line":1248,"function":"is_not_guest"},{"file":"\SITE/index.php","line":203,"function":"loadBoard"},{"file":"\SITE/index.php","line":173,"function":"smf_main"}]

[{"file":"\SITE/Sources\/Subs.php","line":3283,"function":"smf_error_handler"},{"function":"{closure}"},{"file":"\SITE/Sources\/Subs.php","line":3284,"function":"preg_replace_callback"},{"file":"\SITE/Sources\/Subs.php","line":3152,"function":"parsesmileys"},{"file":"\SITE/Sources\/Subs.php","line":3624,"function":"parse_bbc"},{"file":"\SITE/Sources\/Subs.php","line":3853,"function":"setupThemeContext"},{"file":"\SITE/Sources\/Subs.php","line":3473,"function":"template_header"},{"file":"\SITE/index.php","line":176,"function":"obExit"}]

Any ideas what might be going on?

Thank you!

Kindred

did you DELETE all of your 2.0.17 files from Sources and Themes?

then upload the 2.1 files?
then run upgrade.php?

what's your URL?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kamio

Quote from: Kindred on November 11, 2020, 02:14:52 PM
did you DELETE all of your 2.0.17 files from Sources and Themes?

then upload the 2.1 files?
then run upgrade.php?

what's your URL?

I wasn't one of the admins that did the upgrade.  I asked them what they did.

QuoteDid not delete anything. Upgrade instructions (that I saw) did not say I needed to. Just overwrote all files, ran update. Update succeeded, suggesting to me that it, um... succeeded. It had a problem deleting the updater.php file, but that seems to be a common (though hard for devs to reproduce) issue, so I didn't worry about it. Deleted that file manually and then the site loaded, but couldn't login. And that's that. May be some remnants of the upgrader I didn't know to delete, wasn't sure. And yeah, if a clear-out of old files is recommended, I definitely didn't do that.

url is: hxxp:www.crows-town.com [nonactive]

I used the repair-settings.php tool to put the site into maintenance mode... I got the "login2" box, but when I try to login it says..

QuoteAn error has occurred
Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again.

Should I remove all of the 2.0.17 Sources and Themes and and upload the 2.1 Sources and Themes?  I am not exactly sure I know what the "upgrade.php" file does/did?

Thanks

Sir Osis of Liver

Delete all the 2.0.17 files except Settings.php and Settings_bak.php and /attachments, upload the latest 2.1 RC3 package from github, and run upgrade.php.  You will lose all mods, themes, and customizations.  upgrade.php converts the database from 2.0 to 2.1.  It can't be reverted back to 2.0, so hopefully you made a good db backup before you started.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

kamio

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on November 11, 2020, 08:17:26 PM
Delete all the 2.0.17 files except Settings.php and Settings_bak.php and /attachments, upload the latest 2.1 RC3 package from github, and run upgrade.php.  You will lose all mods, themes, and customizations.  upgrade.php converts the database from 2.0 to 2.1.  It can't be reverted back to 2.0, so hopefully you made a good db backup before you started.

Is that all "upgrade.php" does?  Modify the database?

I am coming into this on the backend of this conversion.  Another administrator started the upgrade from 2.0.17 to 2.1 RC 3, which broke logging into the forums.

"upgrade.php" has been ran and completed successfully. I don't want to run it again if the database scheme has been updated.

Also,  I was finally able to get the forums up and running.. but it's generating an error in the error log for every user action.

Same error each time...

Type of error: Undefined
8: Undefined index:
hxxp:www.crows-town.com/index.php?action=admin;area=viewmembers;sa=all [nonactive]
/SITE/Sources/Subs.php (Line 3283)

Backtrace Information

#0: smf_error_handler()
    Called from /SITE/Sources/Subs.php on line 3283
    #1: {closure}()
    Called from unknown on line -1
    #2: preg_replace_callback()
    Called from /SITE/Sources/Subs.php on line 3284
    #3: parsesmileys()
    Called from /SITE/Sources/Subs.php on line 3152
    #4: parse_bbc()
    Called from /SITE/Sources/Subs.php on line 3624
    #5: setupThemeContext()
    Called from /SITE/Sources/Subs.php on line 3853
    #6: template_header()
    Called from /SITE/Sources/Subs.php on line 3473
    #7: obExit()
    Called from /SITE/index.php on line 176

Sir Osis of Liver

Did you set all members to default theme with repair_settings?

upgrade.php only upgrades the database, uploading the 2.1 package upgrades the files.  2.0 mods and themes will not work in 2.1 unless they've been ported to 2.1, you have to check the latest updates.

- R. Waters

kamio

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on November 11, 2020, 09:14:31 PM
Did you set all members to default theme with repair_settings?

upgrade.php only upgrades the database, uploading the 2.1 package upgrades the files.  2.0 mods and themes will not work in 2.1 unless they've been ported to 2.1, you have to check the latest updates.

Yes I did set all members to default theme and got rid of all the old themes after it was suggested.

Here is an update..

Ok.. posting this for anyone else that is having a similar problem as I am.

Somehow, update.php is supposed to create default entries in the "smiley_files" table.  For some reason, it did not create these entries.

I inserted 0, '', '' in that table (id_smiley, smiley_set, filename)

I then went into the Admin panel and added the two default smiley sets that come with 2.1 files (alienine and fugue).  Made fugue the default, like upgrade.php says it will (e.g. settings table).

My "edit smileys" and "set smiley order" tabs were broken/blank.  The database shows a bunch of codes, but none show on those tabs.  I added one code to the "Add smileys" tab and the error stopped.

My only concern is there that even though there are entries in the "smileys" table.  None of them are showing up in the forums (when i tried to post) or in the "edit smileys" tab.  I guess I could recreate all of the "smileys" (via add smiley) and remove the entries from the database by hand.

Any idea why the smileys didn't take from the upgrade? Or why the entries in the database are not showing in the posts/"edit smilies" tab?

Sir Osis of Liver

Where is the forum running?  I'm seeing the "experiencing technical difficulties" page at forum url.

- R. Waters

kamio

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on November 11, 2020, 10:18:20 PM
Where is the forum running?  I'm seeing the "experiencing technical difficulties" page at forum url.

Forgot to remove the "index.html" I put up while I was working on it.
Thanks for reminding me to remove it.

Advertisement: