Maintenance Lock Out

Started by Oldwood, January 12, 2021, 06:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldwood

Have recently upgraded a forum which I heavily customised 10 years ago.  I think I eventually let it drift in the ether after 1.1.19 - still live but not showing any signs of activity.  Decided to bring it up to date.  I sucessfully upgraded to 2.0.17 but lost all the customizations and the link to Gallery 2.  OK I can deal with this but I've fallen at the first hurdle.  Put the forum into maintenance mode without problems but then found I can't even get in with admin rights.  Now I may be able to take it out of maintenance through the code but can anyone help identify what might be preventing a straight admin sign in?

Thanks

Kindred

depends which variation of maintenance mode you used.   Just set the mode to 0 in Settings.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

you can also use What is repair_settings.php? to take your forum out of maintenance mode.

Oldwood

Quote from: Kindred on January 12, 2021, 06:11:32 PM
depends which variation of maintenance mode you used.   Just set the mode to 0 in Settings.php

Thanks for this Kindred - it solved the problem of getting back into the forum (mode was set = 1) but not the one I'm trying to solve.  In maintenance mode (mode set = 0) I should be able to access the forum by logging on as administrator but, for whatever reason, I cannot log on.  Its either everyone can log on or nobody can log on just as if the mode was set = 4.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

What theme is in use? Does the login give any errors when you try?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Oldwood

Don't know what the issue was - now seems to have cleared itself and can login as admin but not as user - could have been a server delay I guess.  Thanks to all for your suggestions - much appreciated

Kindred

I don't know what 4 is...

if $maintenance = 0; -- then the forum is running normally
# Set to 1 to enable Maintenance Mode, 2 to make the forum untouchable.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: