A Question About PM count

Started by Grammy, January 13, 2021, 07:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammy

Default, 2.0.17

I'm still testing my forum before launching and this question involves personal messages.

Yesterday, I had 2 read messages in my Inbox and the message at the bottom of the forum index was: "You've got 2 messages.... Click here to view them."  I deleted the messages entirely, refreshed the page and that message was gone.  Good deal.

Today, I had 3 read PMs in my Inbox.  The message at the bottom of the forum index was "You've got 3 messages.... Click here to view them."  I created labels for each of them and then moved them.  They moved successfully and disappeared from my Inbox, as I expected them to do.  Yet, at the bottom of the forum index page, I still see "You've got 3 messages.... Click here to view them." 

I cleared the cache and refreshed but I can't seem to make that go away.  Do I literally have to delete messages for that to go away?

Gary

Yes, you would. There are separate counters for the number of unread messages you have, and one for the total number of messages you have read or unread.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Grammy

Quote from: Gary on January 13, 2021, 08:17:28 AM
Yes, you would. There are separate counters for the number of unread messages you have, and one for the total number of messages you have read or unread.

Ah.....  so even though I "fold them up and put them away" that's never going to go away unless I delete them (which defeats the purpose of labels).

I don't see that plaguing me here on this forum, and I have tons of PMs stashed in folders.  Is that a setting, then, that I can change to keep it from showing?

Grammy

Found it:   I have to choose between statistics and PMs.  I'm bound to have one or the other.  Well, alrighty.   :)

Advertisement: