News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.18 Released

Started by Suki, February 01, 2021, 04:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

Dear Members,

Simple Machines is pleased to announce a new patch for the 2.0.x line of SMF, which pushes the version number to 2.0.18.

The patch is focused on PHP 7.4 support as well as other issues encountered on previous versions such as

• Policy acceptance missing id_member.
  • Addresses PHP parse errors when using SMF file cache
  • Avoids truncating Settings.php until after we have a lock on the file
  • Tighten up security checks, bring in sync with 2.1
  • Brought the UTF16-to-UTF8 logic over from 2.1
  • Always include email address when downloading user's own profile data
  • Fix missing info affecting logging for new registrations
  • Fixes bugs with multi-version jumps (via CLI) where settings weren't refreshed
  • Set utf8 as default going forward

Please see the changelog for more information.

If you are currently using version 2.0.17 you can perform the update using the package manager, once available you will see a notification update within your admin panel. please run the scheduled task "Fetch Simple Machines files" from the Scheduled Tasks page (Admin > Maintenance > Scheduled Tasks). Same logic applies if you want to update your forum from an older version, you can apply each patch successively until you reach out to 2.0.18

If you use an older version of SMF, you can upgrade directly to 2.0.18 from whichever version you are currently using by using the "Large Upgrade" package from the Download page. Be aware that using this upgrade method will require you to reinstall any customizations that you have added to your forum, so if you are running a version of the 2.0.x series, it is recommended that you apply the successive patches instead of using the Large Upgrade.

If you are having problems downloading the patch from the admin panel, you can download the patch package from the Package Manager Updates page and install it via the Package Manager, as you would any other mod package.

Please refer to the Online Manual for more details about patching and upgrading.

Finally, as always, please do not use this topic for support requests. You will receive a much quicker and better response by posting in the 2.0.x Support Board.

Thank you for using SMF!

Regards,
Simple Machines
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Antechinus

Oh goody. I'll update all my test sites tonight. :)

Looking

Thanks for the release and all the fixes.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

shadav

oh hey, I was just doing a backup....so guess I'll be updating later today

ug I am dreading that  :laugh: 150+ mods  :laugh:

[edit] sorry that was me joking a thank you...but um....thank you :)

LiroyvH

((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Mick.

d3vcho

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

lurkalot

landyvlad

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

GL700Wing

Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Steve

Thank you to everyone who helped this come into being. Congrats guys and gals.
DO NOT pm me for support!

wintstar

Many thanks, but

QuoteIncorrect string value: '''' for function inet_aton
Datei: /var/www/html/smf18/Sources/Subs.php
Zeile: 2650

New version, old bug . Still not IPv6.  And SMF 2.1 still far away...

https://www.google.com/intl/en/ipv6/statistics.html
Regards Stephan

,,In order for the possible to come into being, the impossible must be attempted again and again."
Hermann Hesse (1877-1962)

My HomepageMy Board - My Atelier

AllanD

Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

Kindred

Quote from: wintstar on February 01, 2021, 07:07:23 PM
Many thanks, but

QuoteIncorrect string value: '''' for function inet_aton
Datei: /var/www/html/smf18/Sources/Subs.php
Zeile: 2650

New version, old bug . Still not IPv6.

And??   Did we indicate that ipv6 was or would be in 2.0.18?

Jeez.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antechinus

You could rephrase that as "Minor version patches to 2.0.x are not intended to add major new features".

Kindred

I could.... but I'm not that nice.  See my title?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

gisfreak

Me fail English? That's unpossible.

MobileCS

Thanks!

I know it's not officially supported, but the forum is running great here in PHP 8.0.1

zappaDPJ

This is a very welcome update, thanks to all those involved.

Advertisement: