News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Joomla-wrapped SMF forums fine in FF, a disaster in IE

Started by toob, November 22, 2005, 03:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toob

Greetings all,

It was just brought to my attention today that, although things look great in FireFox with regard to my new Joomla/SMF integration, that in IE, well, the SMF forums don't start to display until after the ending of the Joomla area.  Has anyone encountered this?  My apologies if it has been asked/answered on another area here. . . I did repeated searches with different terms and was repeatedly met with no results.  I am not even sure if this is the proper forum, or whether this should be under the Templates/Graphics forums.  Either way, please feel free to have a look (using IE) to see what I mean.  www.t2forums.com  Pretend like you are going to register as a new user (or register if you should feel so inclined...LOL) and notice the big blank white slate. . . . and until you scroll all the way down, the registration/SMF area does not show until beneath the Joomla ending stuff.  In what part of the Joomla template do I need to change, in order to make this appear nice the way it does in FireFox?  Can people just stop using IE altogether (ha ha). 

Any input would be appreciated!

--Melissa

chadness

Very common with fixed-width Mambo/Joomla templates, and most especially with the Solar Flare templates.  You might find this happens in other components as well that are very large.  Your best bets are to either move to a variable width template, or a fixed width with a larger content area (or a better way of handling over-sized components), or to try adjusting the content area size of your template.  You can check in the Template/theme thread here for some examples.

Advertisement: