Open beta testing: RC4

Started by Suki, March 30, 2021, 01:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

Hello everyone.

We would like to formally invite all of you to our next open beta program, this time it would be for our upcoming 2.1 RC4 release.

The main focus of the RC4 release is upgrading so we are looking for people who are able to perform the upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1 on their testing envs, ideally on multiple occasions and report back any findings either during the upgrade process or bugs/glitches resulted from performing the upgrade (avatars missing, weird data structures, missing data, etc etc.)

This would be a bit different than the last time since we aren't aiming to get a full prod ready product (Its still an RC release) but we are aiming to find and repair the most amount of upgrade related bugs as possible. This means bugs not directly related to the goal might get deferred to other milestones and won't be necessarily be worked on as the priority would always be upgrade bugs plus the already labeled issues at github

The joining process will be the same as before, you can request to join the group from your profile or via: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;area=groupmembership the group will remain curated for privacy reasons.

One last thing, we will perform a purge on the beta tester group and remove the inactive members, this is to keep things lean and easier to handle, if you were removed, please feel free to reapply at any time.

Thanks!
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Ramón Cutanda

Great work! I don't believe I will find time for testing any soon, but certainly I will apply if I find some. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication.
Bests,

DenDen60

Quote from: Suki on March 30, 2021, 01:50:13 PM
Hello everyone.

We would like to formally invite all of you to our next open beta program, this time it would be for our upcoming 2.1 RC4 release.

As this program started? ON GitHub, the changes seemed to have halted 26 days ago with still 21 issues to solve?

Suki

Yes it has started and yes it has been stagnated mostly because of my fault and lack of time.

However I want to make one thing clear, this program isn't designed to fix every issue reported nor it means that merely announcing this program will drastically improve development.  What this program give us is focus and the ability to concentrate our efforts into a set of goals.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

DenDen60

Thanks for the clarification Suki.

Advertisement: