Creating or moving forum boards causes "board not found" errors for admins

Started by denNorske, April 22, 2021, 11:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

denNorske

Hi!

Recently updated to 2.1 RC3 to resort a previous issue we had with IPv6 compatibility.

Works flawlessly.

However, my staff team is not able to create boards without getting strange errors. So they try to create a new board - and as they complete the creation, they then get an error message saying the board was not found. When they go back in to the board list to see if it actually was created - they can't see the board listed!
Same happened also when they tried to move a board to a different section. They get it moved, but they don't see it in the board list - and the error appears "Board does not exist".

From my end, I couldn't understand what the problem was - because i saw there were like 6-7 boards created and a few boards moved, but they could not see this on their end in the admin portal. We didn't check if they could see it on the main page (forgot to check).

Although!
I don't get these errors. I am however, the forum admin (UID 1) that sat it up, if that matters.

I've added a picture of one of the backtraces from the forum here:

Are you aware of such issue?

Also to add some context, we upgraded from 2.0.17 to 2.1 RC3 yesterday. It happens also on the Curve2 theme.

Kindred

WHich version of RC3?   The one from the downloads on this site or the cutting edge from GitHub?

If from this site --  be aware that there have been several hundred commits to fix issues already reported or noticed in the RC3 release which is listed on this site -- so, you should probably update to the version on GitHub.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ozp

I can reproduce this on RC3 but not on latest. So this seems to be fixed.

denNorske

Quote from: Kindred on April 22, 2021, 01:59:10 PM
WHich version of RC3?   The one from the downloads on this site or the cutting edge from GitHub?

If from this site --  be aware that there have been several hundred commits to fix issues already reported or noticed in the RC3 release which is listed on this site -- so, you should probably update to the version on GitHub.

Hello,

That makes a whole lot of sense. Let me try so, and I will ask my team to verify.

Thanks for the information  :)

Advertisement: