• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.
September 17, 2021, 03:35:32 AM

News:

SMF 2.0.18 has been released! Please update. Read more.

Suggestion for LIKES feature...

Started by Douglas, July 21, 2021, 09:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Douglas

Quote from: Hogville Member #938Will there be a point that we can see the likes we have accrued, or is that a thing of the past? If it's a thing of the past ( seeing the number of likes), why have it?

Gotta agree here... would be nice to have a page (paginated, of course) that shows/links to posts we like. Could be tied in with the alerts section, I suppose. :)

Thanks!
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie)

Sesquipedalian

It's a good idea, but at this point that will need to be a mod. It's too late to add that into the core features of 2.1. Maybe for post-2.1 versions, though. :)
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

zappaDPJ

Quote from: Douglas on July 21, 2021, 09:57:45 AM
Quote from: Hogville Member #938Will there be a point that we can see the likes we have accrued, or is that a thing of the past? If it's a thing of the past ( seeing the number of likes), why have it?

Gotta agree here... would be nice to have a page (paginated, of course) that shows/links to posts we like. Could be tied in with the alerts section, I suppose. :)

Thanks!

I think the quote you've posted is more in-line with people's expectations. I feel there's more value to be had from knowing the number of likes received than those given. That said other platforms do list both although there's no link as far as I'm aware to the content a member liked, just the total number of likes given.

Advertisement: