a thread causing a 500 error

Started by ozbob, October 26, 2021, 10:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozbob

Hello,

There is a new thread on my forum that is not loading etc.

>> https://railbotforum.org/mbs/index.php?topic=14438.0 " Toowoomba Bus Network - Review Ideas "

I have run the admin error function, emptied caches.  How can I clear it please?

Thanks
Bob

ozbob

I have decided to create a new board and get rid of it that way.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

A 500 error is something server side, do take a look at the server error logs - because this is bound to happen again at some point if you don't figure out what caused it now.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

Wanna bet there is a superlarge image attached to or included in a post in that thread?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ozbob

Spot on Kindred.  I spoke with the person who made the post and he said he attempted to load an image which was relatively large.  Lot larger than the attachment limit.

Does anyone know how it can be avoided (other than turning attachments off).

Steve

Marking unsolved as the OP has asked another question related to the issue and I don't want this skipped over because it was marked solved.

IIRC you can set image size limits in the admin section under attachment settings.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

hmmm.... I think we built a quick mod that addresses the image problem

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It would be best to check the server error log, as it would (or at least should) contain the actual reason for the error. I do believe however, that at least some cases where this has happened could be avoided with this
https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=4111
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

thank you Lex, that was the one I was thinking of! :D
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: