Package Manager - SMF 2.1 vs SMF 2.0

Started by GL700Wing, November 17, 2021, 10:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GL700Wing

I've been working on a new version of a mod which can in some instances be installed as an upgrade and I noticed that in SMF 2.1 the 'UPGRADE' button is shown to the right of the 'DELETE' button whereas in SMF 2.0 it is shown to the left of the 'LIST FILES' button (ie, in the same location as the 'INSTALL MOD' button).

You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment. 

Also, if this is where the 'UPGRADE' button should be for SMF 2.1 IMHO I think there should be more spacing between the 'DELETE' button and the 'UPGRADE' button.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

Diego Andrés

I checked the files and there's a typo in the class
<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install;package=' . $package['filename'] . '" class="button" floatnone>' . $txt['package_upgrade'] . '</a>';
Although I tested it on the browser only, and it doesn't look that close to the other button

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

GL700Wing

Quote from: Diego Andrés on November 17, 2021, 11:00:34 PMI checked the files and there's a typo in the class
<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install;package=' . $package['filename'] . '" class="button" floatnone>' . $txt['package_upgrade'] . '</a>';
Although I tested it on the browser only, and it doesn't look that close to the other button
Thanks - that fixed the display position/layout.

Guess this is a bug then!
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

Diego Andrés

Yes it is, nice catch.
I'm already sending a prrrr

Diego Andrés

PR: https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/pull/7156

I actually didn't notice until fixing it that the space is because they are floated elements, so if it's at the beginning, will definitely look worse like on your screenshot :P

Advertisement: