members table not completely duplicated to users table in wp?

Started by rcane, December 29, 2021, 05:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

To log everyone off you can just rename the SMF cookie under settings.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Illori

why dont you try using a portal mod and let SMF and the portal handle everything?

rcane

Quote from: Illori on January 04, 2022, 05:05:35 PMwhy dont you try using a portal mod and let SMF and the portal handle everything?

a) never used one
b) had some page construction ideas that i think only a wp builder can handle
c) didn't know a portal could be that versatile
d) all of the above

(it's answer d)  :)

Kindred

oh no....    as I said, my solution was to totally trash WordPress and use custom pages.   I tend to try to do EVERYTHING in an integrated script rather than try to jam two or more together.

Trying to get SSI and WordPress to run together is nearly impossible, unless you're a full-on developer.

Honestly, you said that you are only using WordPress as an article holder. That's a complete waste of resources and effort.

Use custom pages like I suggested -- or the custom pages mod -- or the articles mod -- or a portal mod

all of which will allow you to build and control access to pages within the SMF permissions system
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

rcane

Quote from: Kindred on January 04, 2022, 07:24:44 PMoh no....    as I said, my solution was to totally trash WordPress and use custom pages.   I tend to try to do EVERYTHING in an integrated script rather than try to jam two or more together.

Trying to get SSI and WordPress to run together is nearly impossible, unless you're a full-on developer.

Honestly, you said that you are only using WordPress as an article holder. That's a complete waste of resources and effort.

Use custom pages like I suggested -- or the custom pages mod -- or the articles mod -- or a portal mod

all of which will allow you to build and control access to pages within the SMF permissions system

I'm reading into that today.  Looking at the Advanced SSI page on SMF wiki.  I've got some pages that would just work better by NOT being in a forum post (gallery of youtube helpful vidoes, accordion boxes for contact info, etc).   I just need to learn more about doing that on my own and not with a builder.

Arantor

What Kindred is saying is what I was suggesting too, in case that helps.

Advertisement: