how to show active topics under subtopics

Started by Lixine, March 04, 2022, 09:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lixine

Kindred

There is no functionality which will do this in the core product...

What determines an "active topics"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

There is no functionality for that, someone would have to write it.

It would actually make the board index quite slow if you have more than a few boards though.

Lixine

I need to show the topics opened in the Test section under subheadings.

Dave J

Could you not do what you want by creating sub-boards and then just adding topics to them, then you should see the sub-board highlighted when someone makes a new post, or am I totally off track with that
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Arantor

From their screenshot they want to show the active topics in a given board, next to the sub boards of a parent board.

Kindred

Quote from: Lixine on March 04, 2022, 09:24:20 AMI need to show the topics opened in the Test section under subheadings.

and yet, you have not actually answered the question.

1- what is a "sub topic"?
2- what is an "active topic"?

How do you define these?
How is the system supposed to know what to display?

As Arantor says,  If your trying to do what I suspect, then it is a ***BAD*** idea that could potentially lock up your server.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: