News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SCEditor Max Height

Started by Diego Andrés, May 08, 2022, 09:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diego Andrés

Link to the mod

SCEditor Max Height
Developed by Diego Andrés

Introduction
SCEditor Max Height lets you set a max height for the sceditor.

Changelog
GitHub

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Antechinus

Cool. I'm still gonna hack the js though. :D

Steve

Quote from: Antechinus on May 08, 2022, 10:03:04 PMI'm still gonna hack the js though.
That goes without saying.  :P

Thanks for this Diego!
DO NOT pm me for support!

voom

When you say "hack the js" - what exactly do you refer to? I would very much like to add the autoExpand option sceditor offers. Using min-height and your option infinity-resize is a big improvement already, but autoExpand would be perfect. :)

Diego Andrés

I tried to add more settings to this mod, but none really worked except the height.
Something must be different in the implementation that we use.

voom

Quote from: Diego Andrés on May 19, 2022, 08:08:37 PMI tried to add more settings to this mod, but none really worked except the height.
Something must be different in the implementation that we use.
I did not find any way to add that sceditor option as well.

Quote from: Antechinus on May 08, 2022, 10:03:04 PMCool. I'm still gonna hack the js though
I am still curious what you did there :)

Diego Andrés

Quote from: voom on May 20, 2022, 08:02:49 AMI am still curious what you did there :)

He did the same as this mod, he just removed the default maxHeight from the js file. Although later he used -1 instead, like the docs, or this mod.

FrizzleFried

Will this fix the issue I reported with larger than normal smileys dropping off the bottom of the editor?

Diego Andrés

Wouldn't know, I haven't personally tested smileys at the moment.

Antechinus

Quote from: FrizzleFried on May 20, 2022, 08:16:37 AMWill this fix the issue I reported with larger than normal smileys dropping off the bottom of the editor?
My guess is no, since it's doing something else. It's just removing the max-height restriction, not messing with how SCE inserts images within its maximum height.

voom

I put a min-height of 450px into the CSS and set to infinity with this mod. Most of the time 450 is enough, but for a longer post we now can resize the editor without limitation. (I am very irritated when textareas are too small, I may be a little oversensitive there.)

Advertisement: