News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Help please! Upgrade from 2.1RC4 borked

Started by tethead, June 21, 2022, 08:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tethead

Finally was able to do the upgrade on a pretty big (and old) forum - had several failures along the way, got it to work with CLI, but now, the forum appears borked.

Blank homescreen with just the banner and my account logged in already. Have a backup (that I think is good), but not sure how to restore, or what to do next.

Please help!!!
week4paug.net - a website for all things PHiSH

landyvlad

What process did you use for the upgrade?
i.e. what did you do specifically?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

tethead

uploaded all of the files from the Large Upgrade for 2.1.2 via FTP. ran upgrade.php through browser, failed a bunch of times at various points. moved my server from php 5.6 to 7.4, and it got passed earlier failed points, so stuck with it. continued failing, ran upgrade.php through CLI, took about 20 mins and said it was successful at the end.

Kindred

Did you reset everyone to the default theme?
2.0 themes will not work on 2.1
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tethead

Don't think so. How can I do that? I cannot access any settings.

Kindred

Try accessing your site, but add ?theme=1 at the end of the url... that might let you get into the site/admin and you can do it there
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tethead

nope, same problem - we had done a theme reset when we installed 2.1RC4 if i recall...

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

tethead

not sure where to look, but not seeing anything obvious when i log into cpanel

tethead

oh of course, there is error_log in the root of the www dir. this one seems to be repeating:

[22-Jun-2022 05:41:21 America/Anchorage] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function smf_gmstrftime() in /home/week4pau/public_html/Themes/default/index.template.php:387
Stack trace:
#0 /home/week4pau/public_html/Sources/Load.php(2717): template_body_above()
#1 /home/week4pau/public_html/Sources/Subs.php(3908): loadSubTemplate('body_above', true)
#2 /home/week4pau/public_html/Sources/Subs.php(3495): template_header()
#3 /home/week4pau/public_html/index.php(194): obExit(NULL, true, true)
#4 {main}
  thrown in /home/week4pau/public_html/Themes/default/index.template.php on line 387

and here is line 387, for reference:
<time datetime="', smf_gmstrftime('%FT%TZ'), '">', $context['current_time'], '</time>';

Oldiesmann

That function is defined in Sources/Subs.php so try re-uploading that file.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

tethead

GOT IT!!  For some reason, I must have never uploaded anything below "Class-CurlFetchWeb.php" as everything else had a date of 2021... put the rest of those files in and boom, everything just worked!

tethead

never mind, not all working - the main page loads fine but then clicking on any sub is either completely blank, or loads a mobile version. here is the new error being spouted nonstop:

[22-Jun-2022 07:25:06 America/Anchorage] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'MatthiasMullie\Minify\Minify' not found in /home/week4pau/public_html/Sources/minify/src/CSS.php:18
Stack trace:
#0 /home/week4pau/public_html/index.php(133): require_once()
#1 [internal function]: {closure}('MatthiasMullie\\...')
#2 /home/week4pau/public_html/Sources/Subs.php(4983): spl_autoload_call('MatthiasMullie\\...')
#3 /home/week4pau/public_html/Sources/Subs.php(4861): custMinify(Array, 'css')
#4 /home/week4pau/public_html/Themes/default/index.template.php(122): template_css()
#5 /home/week4pau/public_html/Sources/Load.php(2747): template_html_above()
#6 /home/week4pau/public_html/Sources/Subs.php(4543): loadSubTemplate('html_above', true)
#7 /home/week4pau/public_html/Sources/Subs.php(4150): template_header()
#8 /home/week4pau/public_html/Sources/Subs-Auth.php(305): obExit()
#9 /home/week4pau/public_html/Sources/Security.php(86): adminLogin('admin')
#10 /home/week4pau/public_html/Sources/Admin.php(457): validateSession()
#11 /home/week4pau/public_html/index.php(191): AdminMain( in /home/week4pau/public_html/Sources/minify/src/CSS.php on line 18
[22-Jun-2022 07:25:08 America/Anchorage] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'MatthiasMullie\Minify\Minify' not found in /home/week4pau/public_html/Sources/minify/src/JS.php:15
Stack trace:
#0 /home/week4pau/public_html/index.php(133): require_once()
#1 [internal function]: {closure}('MatthiasMullie\\...')
#2 /home/week4pau/public_html/Sources/Subs.php(4983): spl_autoload_call('MatthiasMullie\\...')
#3 /home/week4pau/public_html/Sources/Subs.php(4771): custMinify(Array, 'js')
#4 /home/week4pau/public_html/Themes/default/index.template.php(125): template_javascript()
#5 /home/week4pau/public_html/Sources/Load.php(2747): template_html_above()
#6 /home/week4pau/public_html/Sources/Subs.php(4543): loadSubTemplate('html_above', true)
#7 /home/week4pau/public_html/Sources/Subs.php(4150): template_header()
#8 /home/week4pau/public_html/Sources/Subs-Auth.php(305): obExit()
#9 /home/week4pau/public_html/Sources/Security.php(86): adminLogin('admin')
#10 /home/week4pau/public_html/Sources/Admin.php(457): validateSession()
#11 /home/week4pau/public_html/index.php(191): Admin in /home/week4pau/public_html/Sources/minify/src/JS.php on line 15

Arantor

Sounds like that file hasn't been uploaded properly - it changed since RC4.

tethead

which file - the minify ones? i've verified that all are updated versions. maybe i'll just delete and re-upload that whole directory...

tethead

did that, same issue. here is what it looks like to click onto any thread:

tethead

i disabled "Minimize CSS and JavaScript files" in admin panel and now everything looks as expected. something is still not right with the setup but i'll wait for the next update to fix it (hopefully) - disabling that feature is good enough for me now, as we are back up and running!

Advertisement: