NameX

Started by Diego Andrés, August 05, 2022, 11:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diego Andrés

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

@rjen

Just put them into Crowdin for you
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

jsx

@rjen

Thank you very much for your help with these codes!

Nice effect. :)

Diego Andrés

Quote from: @rjen on December 10, 2023, 10:01:14 AMJust put them into Crowdin for you

Thank you.

I just now realized the mess crowdin did with some strings while setting up the GitHub integration.
I'll update the source strings and themes today or tomorrow to fix this.
I'll also add polish in case @jsx wants to contribute his translations.

Diego Andrés

I've updated the files in Crowdin.
I think themes are updated at the moment on Github, I will update the packages next week in any case, with the current translations.

Diego Andrés

1.3.0 - 18 December 2023
  • New Feature Added new menu setting to enable logout, login and signout buttons.
  • Bug Fix Fixed layout issues.
  • Improvement Improved board layout compatibility.
  • Translation Turkish translation.
  • Translation Dutch translation.

Full list of changes

rhinjard

Thank you for this great theme.

I just want to remove the entire section including topics and the jump to option under the breadcrumb. Would you please tell me how to do it?

Diego Andrés

#topic_icons { display: none; }
You can add it to css/custom/custom_edits.css or app.css

rhinjard

Quote from: Diego Andrés on December 30, 2023, 07:07:54 PM#topic_icons { display: none; }
You can add it to css/custom/custom_edits.css or app.css

Thank you so much.

I have couple more questions regarding customizations.

1. I want to display the copyright years in the footer like yyyy - yyyy format instead of default yyyy.
2. I want to remove Help & Terms and Rules links from the footer and replace them with CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 link.

If you could help me, I would be grateful. Thank you and happy new year.

Diego Andrés

In theme settings you can set your logo URL.
Admin > config > current theme.

For the other I can post instructions when I'm back.

rhinjard

Quote from: Diego Andrés on December 30, 2023, 09:37:42 PMIn theme settings you can set your logo URL.
Admin > config > current theme.

For the other I can post instructions when I'm back.

Thanks so much for your reply.

I've seen the option to setup the logo URL but the thing is where shall I put the logo image? Also if I create my custom logo, does it automatically get hover effects like the NAMEX logo?

About the customizations of the footer, I've figured it out.

Thank you so much.

Diego Andrés

No, the namex "logo" is just text.
You upload your logo to the forum files or a file server and you provide the direct url to the setting.

In previous posts you can find some instructions on how to change the namex text to suit your own text, if that's something that interests you.

rhinjard

Quote from: Diego Andrés on December 31, 2023, 12:58:33 AMNo, the namex "logo" is just text.
You upload your logo to the forum files or a file server and you provide the direct url to the setting.

In previous posts you can find some instructions on how to change the namex text to suit your own text, if that's something that interests you.

Thank you for your reply. I'm almost done with the customizations. May I bother you with two more questions plz? I tried figuring them out but was unable to do so.

1. I want to replace the NAMEX text in the logo with my own. I've gone through the previous posts but couldn't find out anything about it.
2. I want to align the bottom Page and the number to the right. How do I do it?

So, far my customizations look like this.

/* remove topic legends */
#topic_icons {
    display: none;
}

/* remove forum header */
#display_head {
}

/* remove bottom breadcrumb */
#main_content_section > .navigate_section {
}

/* remove top pagination */
#main_content_section > .pagesection:not(.pagesection ~ .pagesection) {
}

/* remove the go up button */
div#main_content_section > div.pagesection > div.pagelinks.floatleft > a#bot.button {
}

Also, I've modified the footer like this
<div class="footer_links">
                <ul class="copyright">
                    <li class="smf_copyright">', theme_copyright(), '</li>
                </ul>
                <div class="footer-other">
                    ', themecustoms_socials(), '
                    <a href="', $scripturl, '">', $context['forum_name'], ' &copy; ', '2023 - ', date('Y'), '</a>
                    <span class="help-links">
                        <a href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/" target=_blank>CC BY-NC-ND 4.0</a>', '
                        <a href="#top_section">', $txt['go_up'], ' ', themecustoms_icon('fa fa-arrow-up'), '</a>
                    </span>
                </div>
            </div>';
I hope I didn't break any copyright licenses. Please check the attachment for my modified footer.

Steve

Quote from: Diego Andrés on December 31, 2023, 12:58:33 AMNo, the namex "logo" is just text.

Url to your forum so I can check the copyright? You can PM it if you prefer.
DO NOT pm me for support!

rhinjard

Quote from: rhinjard on December 31, 2023, 05:04:35 AM

Thank you for your reply. I'm almost done with the customizations. May I bother you with two more questions plz? I tried figuring them out but was unable to do so.

1. I want to replace the NAMEX text in the logo with my own. I've gone through the previous posts but couldn't find out anything about it.

#topic_icons {
}

#display_head {
}

}

}

div#main_content_section > div.pagesection > div.pagelinks.floatleft > a#bot.button {
}

<ul class="copyright">
                </ul>
                    <a href="', $scripturl, '">', $context['forum_name'], ' &copy; ', '2023 - ', date('Y'), '</a>
                        <a href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/" target=_blank>CC BY-NC-ND 4.0</a>', '
                        <a href="#top_section">', $txt['go_up'], ' ', themecustoms_icon('fa fa-arrow-up'), '</a>
                    </span>
                </div>
            </div>';
I hope I didn't break any copyright licenses. Please check the attachment for my modified footer.

Everything has been sorted out.

@Diego Andrés
Since I will be using this as a blog and not as a forum, I do not require to display the number of replies/views. So, is it possible to remove them altogether?

Thanks & happy new year.

rhinjard

Quote from: rhinjard on December 31, 2023, 04:23:01 PM
Quote from: rhinjard on December 31, 2023, 05:04:35 AM

#topic_icons {
}

#display_head {
}

}

}

}

<ul class="copyright">
                </ul>
                    </span>
                </div>
            </div>';

Everything has been sorted out.

@Diego Andrés
Since I will be using this as a blog and not as a forum, I do not require to display the number of replies/views. So, is it possible to remove them altogether?

Thanks & happy new year.

This too sorted out as well. I am all set now. I learned a few things while working on your theme. Thank you Diego.  :)

Oldiesmann

Just installed this on the seniors forum I run and it looks great. It even matches the existing logo (didn't plan it that way). https://www.seniorsandfriends.org
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Diego Andrés

Quote from: Oldiesmann on January 19, 2024, 01:33:36 AMJust installed this on the seniors forum I run and it looks great. It even matches the existing logo (didn't plan it that way). https://www.seniorsandfriends.org
Something is breaking the JS for darkmode/variants in some pages/areas, maybe it's a guest issue? I didn't make an account yet  :P

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Diego Andrés on January 19, 2024, 02:11:55 PM
Quote from: Oldiesmann on January 19, 2024, 01:33:36 AMJust installed this on the seniors forum I run and it looks great. It even matches the existing logo (didn't plan it that way). https://www.seniorsandfriends.org
Something is breaking the JS for darkmode/variants in some pages/areas, maybe it's a guest issue? I didn't make an account yet  :P

I'll look into that when I get a chance. I did add the unread posts/updated topics links up top as well because several people complained about those links missing (I never use that feature so I didn't even pay attention)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

jsx

Quote from: @rjen on December 09, 2023, 10:30:53 AM
Quote from: jsx on December 08, 2023, 02:37:27 PMI definitely don't know how to implement this colored line:

Played around with the theme a bit.

If you are overriding the colors that are set in the shoutbox settings you CANNOT have one mode (light) keep the settings from TinyPortal and at the same time have dark override them: the !important in the app.css will overrule the colors set in the setting, even if no variable is set in the theme variant css

So when you want to change the settings using the variants you are losing the TinyPortal setting for that element in this theme.

I just added these settings to the css files for the shoutbox to look good in all variations
In this setup the shoutbox is following the theme...

add to app.css
.tp_shoutbody_layout2:nth-of-type(2n + 1), .tp_shoutbody_layout3:nth-of-type(2n + 1) {
    background: var(--tp_shout-bgodd) !important;
}
.tp_shoutbody_layout2:nth-of-type(2n), .tp_shoutbody_layout3:nth-of-type(2n) {
    background: var(--tp_shout-bgeven) !important;
}
.tp_shoutbody_layout2 > span, .tp_shoutbody_layout3 > span {
    color: var(--tp_shout-textcolor) !important;
}

add to theme_colors.css AND dark.css
    --tp_shout-bgodd: hsl(var(--windowbg-bg), 25%, 15%);
    --tp_shout-bgeven: var(--body-bg);
    --tp_shout-textcolor: var(--body-txt-color);

If you also want the layout option 1 and 2 to look good some more work is required...

Hi @@rjen. When I installed TP 3.0, these bar colors do not appear:

Can you help me with this?

Advertisement: